Need a scope with higher power range

Bang for the buck, Meopta Optika 6. 5-30 power. More money, Trijicon Tenmile 5-30 or 5-50. Have or have used all three but for the money, the Meopta is hard to beat. Picked it up on sale with a coupon for $990.

Look at the vortex strike eagle 5-25 it has the same glass as the PST. 110 moa of adjustment, FFP 34mm tube. They are very impressive. And only $800

I have a couple of the Gen II 5-25 PSTs and for the money, I think they do a great job. Mine track well and are repeatable. I was shooting steel out to 800, then later that day, shot a coyote at 600 yards. Next morning, shot the buck in my avatar at 315 yards. No issues with tolerating recoil either - I have one on my 338 RUM and it holds its zero well.

I have been shooting a PST GenII for approximately a year on my 6.5CM. It has been flawless. Taken it beyond 1k in the Texas desert with zero issues. I would say the clarity for the price is unmatched by any other brand. We did a side by side with the Razors and the difference is not worth the extra unless you need something light weight. The Viper is a bit heavier than the Razor but on par with most other comparable optics.

Edit: I can confirm the need for a throw lever. You may not need it for the zero range, but if you need to make changes to magnification more than once, you will want one
I also have a GenII 5x25x56 on 1 of my 300wm it's a great scope... I agree with getting the throw lever & I'd also put on a scope level. It's an excellent value for the $$ ...from there it's the big dollar scopes NF etc

I'm looking for a scope that gives me some upper end magnification beyond 15X to shoot steel and targets out to 1000 yards. Anyone have any experience with the Vortex PST-5251 Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50 ? Ive never owned a Vortex and have been primarily Leupold and Burris.
Thanks for the help
I think I'd just go back to Leupold VX®-3i 6.5-20x50mm I think you can find these for under $900 I have an older version and it's never given me any problems whatsoever. Too much power at 1K one many days can be worse than too little.
Now if you want to break the bank... there are many, many options pretty much all good out there. Good Luck Cheers

NIGHTFORCE 12-42 × 56 NXS. They no longer make them but I found two at a shop in CT 5 years ago. Had to have them for .338 and 300 RUM'S.

I'm looking for a scope that gives me some upper end magnification beyond 15X to shoot steel and targets out to 1000 yards. Anyone have any experience with the Vortex PST-5251 Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50 ? Ive never owned a Vortex and have been primarily Leupold and Burris.
Thanks for the help
Ok I'll address the op's question, I have 3 of them and they will absolutely do what you intend to do with it. Above avg glass. Repeatable turrets, best warranty in the business. Plus they have been making that model for a while, plenty of time to work out the kinks. Good luck.

Look at Arken...... a LOT of scope for the money. Haven't had a lot of opportunity to shoot much and no long range but I'm really liking my EP5 5x25x56

You aren't kidding! I've replaced 3 scopes with EP5's in the last couple months, one was a $1200 Burris XTRII. The EP5 was leaps and bounds better in every way including glass...far better glass. I ran the EP5 glass side by side with a Maven RS4, the Arken was slightly better. A buddy looked through my EP5 side by side, apples to apples with his NXS...said the Arken was at least as good. Tracking tests through the full adjustment range have been either spot on (latest one) or inside of 1%. My second one was within .25 moa. These are fantastic scopes even if they retailed at twice their price point

I have had a Burr Veracity and own 2 Burris XTR 2s. For my eyes, I liked them. And have shot out to 1,000 yards with the XTR 2s with no problem. Stayed with the XTR 2s as they are I'm MRAD and 34 mm tumes vs the Veracity is MOA and 30 mm tunes. Personally not a fan of Vortex, although I have a Strike Eagle 1 - 8.

Iam looking to get a Arkan EP5 for 22 LR prs, so would suggest looking at them. Good value for the $

Thanks for the help
Budget??

I have a Trijicon 5-20 I'm not using
$750

Attachments

• Trijicon (2).JPG
    Trijicon (2).JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 56
I have a Vortex Golden Eagle 15-60x56. Set up for benchrest at 1000 yards but have also used it at 1 mile. Best scope I have ever used.

Thanks all. Anyone have experience with the Vortex I asked about ?
I have had 3 vortex PST. At the time I was super happy, until I was trying to hit 1000+ in less than ideal conditions. My complaint was that they were a little fuzzy/grainy at higher magnification (actually one was just okay but the other two were bad and worse) Not sure why. Mix that graininess with mirage or dusk/dawn conditions when wind and mirage are minimal and it's tough to see your target. So, I Switched them over to Nightforce and leupold mark 5s. Was trying to avoid spending more…ended up spending significantly more, because I had to buy the more expensive scope and them had to sell the lower tier one for significantly less than I paid for it. Not a huge market for used vortex PST without taking a bath on them. I'm sure the vortex are getting better. I actually love the new razor LHT by them. Great clarity and awesome price point. But the PST didn't do it for me try to find a used nightforce or leupold or other mid to upper tier scope used. You will be happier in the long run.