Need a scope with higher power range

I'm looking for a scope that gives me some upper end magnification beyond 15X to shoot steel and targets out to 1000 yards. Anyone have any experience with the Vortex PST-5251 Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50 ? Ive never owned a Vortex and have been primarily Leupold and Burris.
Thanks for the help
I have the Viper PST Gen II 5-25X50 FFP. It is a very good scope. I have also been told by those with personal experience that Vortex custome service is great. I am very pleased with my scope. I also have the Vortex binocular range finder and am pleased with it.

Look at Arken...... a LOT of scope for the money. Haven't had a lot of opportunity to shoot much and no long range but I'm really liking my EP5 5x25x56

Spot on!

The Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x56 is a budget homerun for the price. I'm loving my Tract optics 4.5-30 elr on my Vudoo 22lr and my 25 Creedmoor. Would put the glass quality right there with the Razor gen 3 for half the price. Buy a bigger tube than the pst with more internal adjustment to really reach out and touch something at 1000 yrds and beyond.

I'd add another vote for the Meopta Optika 6. Only using 1 3-18X50 Mrad, but like it very much. Tracking and ruggedness good so far, and I really like the reticle. FWIW, glass is way beyond it's price point.

Otherwise I'd go Bushnell LRHS/LRTS depending on which reticle fits your use better. Have a few and have found them to be fantastic at tracking and holding zero. In the price range, nothing really comes close, IMO. If you'd like more X, the larger models of Bushnell elite tacticals might be your huckleberry.

Not trying to marginalize anyone's good experiences, but I haven't had the best luck with Vortex, and I'm not looking to buy any more. Way too many stories out there about how great thier warrantee is.

There are some really good deals out there on used scopes too.

I just picked up a NightForce 8-32x56mm Benchrest scope, excellent condition, for $785 + S&H. thats a LOT of scope for the money. Only has a few small cosmetic marks on it (not even ring marks, just a few slight dings that took off paint, but didn't make dent....

This is the 3rd NF i own now (other two are 5.5-22x56mm NXS's). I wanted another scope, something a bit cheaper than the other two NF's... something I could have on a backup / other rifle, that was still a really nice scope.

The benchrest models are bigger, heavier than the NXS's, and lack a couple of features, like parallax adjustment knob by windage / elevation, and have older style covered turrets with less adjustability than newer tactical scopes... only 50 MOA. But, for the application i'll use this for, those items wont matter, and i appreciated the extra savings more than those lack of features will ever bother me....

I saw several of the big NXS scopes (56mm objective), used, excellent condition, for sale 1200 to 1300, and a couple included decent quality rings for that price. Thats also a lot of scope for the money too!

I haven't taken the 32x out to the 1000 yard range yet (just got it a few days ago), but I have a feeling that when its hot & steamy (i live in the midwest), that above 22x mirage is going to be an issue.....

There are some really good deals out there on used scopes too.

I just picked up a NightForce 8-32x56mm Benchrest scope, excellent condition, for $785 + S&H. thats a LOT of scope for the money.
I have the 12x42x56 new it was 2k. So at 785 that's a great deal.

Haven't been in the market for a high-end scope in a while so can't offer any advice but I'm sure others will chime in.

I bought that NF 8-32x56 benchrest on Ebay. I've seen several good, similar deals come and go lately (past 8 weeks) on Ebay

I was also keeping an eye out on Gunbroker, and then the "for sale" sections of websites like this

Posting a WTB ad on a site like this / similar sites can bring good results, esp if you're casting a wide net (IE, you are open to several manufacturers, several sizes / powers, models, etc). BUT..... gotta be -really- careful on that one - lots of people have been burned by putting out a WTB ad and then having scam artist show up, promise the world, then deliver nothing..... so I'd only buy from reputable members with long histories w the relevant site + (hopefully) some positive feedback on other deals that have been done with other members....

If I were to do the WTB posting, I'd focus in on specialty sites like this one - things that focus in on doing this particular type of shooting, using this particular type of scope. IE, i wouldn't just go post a WTB ad on a generic hunting / shooting site, I feel like the BS / benefit ratio would be too high... too much risk, too little change of reward..... I'd look for a site where at least HALF of the postings / topics were about long range rifles & shooting

Just my $.02 on the topic, hope someone finds it useful :)