Need help with a Scope

tacticalhunter225

I recently purchased a Remington Model 700 XCR Tactical Long Range in 300 Win Mag. I plan on using this rifle to deer hunt with. I typically have an average shot of 250 yards but have some stands that reach out past 500 yards. I am looking for a good long range hunting scope that will fit my hunting needs. I plan on taking this gun out West one day and shooting elk. I am wanting a scope that can reach out to 1000 yards but still be able to hunt deer with it. My price range would be under $2500
Im a Zeiss man and have always loved their optics. Im looking at a Zeiss Victory Diavari 6-24x56 scope for my Remington Model 700 SPS LRT rifle. I plan on deer hunting, shooting long distance as a hobby, and plan on going out West one day for elk. I want a good piece of glass that can be universal for what I like to do. I was also looking at two Nightforces:5.5-22×56 NXS and 8-32×56 NXS. Any opinions or other requests? I would prefer a 30mm tube over a 34mm. Thanks

Last edited:
Having both Zeiss and Nightforce scopes I can honestly say Zeiss holds a slight edge in "clarity" at the highest powers. However, with Nightforce you know what you are getting; and whats absolutely MOST important when shooting long range...... Repeatability and consistency of the turrets!! You will see what your shooting at with both brands. But with Nightforce when you turn your dial to, say, 28.5 moa then back to zero, you know with confidence you are back to your zero every time regardless of how any times you turn your turrets. Everyone gets soooooo caught up on glass clarity, is it important?-absolutely. But what everyone forgets about is its the quality and repeatability of the turrets is what makes tactical a long range scope a quality piece of equipment. With Nightforce you know for a fact what you are getting!!

Just sayin :)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.