New spotting scope. Need help with a tripod.

Rifleman513

I just picked up a used Vortex Diamondback 20-60x80 for cheap. Now I need to find a decent tripod. I don't really do long backpack hunts. Mostly will be used for day trips and glassing from my truck. My dad has a primos trigger stick tripod for his and I have used it a few times and like the ease of use and ability to use it for a gun rest if needed. The other option I am looking at is the Vanguard Alta+ on this site. I have never used or seen them in person so does anyone have any experience with them? I am looking to keep the cost below 200 if possible. Any other options I should look at in this price range and what are your thoughts on the two above? Thanks for the input.

One of the best tripod and panning head combinations is the Slik Sprint Pro EZ. The tripod is as sturdy as any aluminum tripod in the same weight class. It comes with the SH-707E panning head, which works very well for spotting. The independent panning axis allows you to nudge the scope horizontally, while keeping the scope locked in one tilt direction. It has everything you need for spotting game, and nothing you don't. Plus it costs only $105.
http://www.highpoweroptics.com/slik-sprint-tripod-with-sh707e-head-611845-p-19102.html

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.