Need help selecting spotting scope

I have a konus brand, Italian design made in China, as a lot of optics components are now. 20x80, came with a tripod. Does ok, seems a little cheap on the exterior plastics. I think I could recognize people faces at 1000 yards. $220 at optics planet 2 years ago.

Nikon monarch 82ED is a quality scope at a good price, I feel it punches well above its price. Not cheap, but performs very well compared to units 1000$ more in price.
I Got my Nikon a number of years ago I study for a good 6 months because this is something you will be using a long time and coast Three brands kept coming up Nikon Pentax and Swarovski The most important thing is that I don't walk out 200 400 yards to look at your target and those were the top three.

I have been really impressed with my Maven. They are consumer direct so you don't hear much about them but if you do a little research and look at some reviews they are top notch glass. Just another option to consider.
Another vote for angled.

I have a konus brand, Italian design made in China, as a lot of optics components are now. 20x80, came with a tripod. Does ok, seems a little cheap on the exterior plastics. I think I could recognize people faces at 1000 yards. $220 at optics planet 2 years ago.

For the price Konus offers a great entry level spotter. We have their KonuSpot-70 20x-60x70 #7121B for only $149.99
https://cameralandny.com/shop/konus...a5d-00163e9110c0?variation=1439161&query=7121

I have a Razor HD 16-48. Couldn't be happier with the glass for the cost. I bought it like new in the box from a member on the hide. I'm good with it until I finally spring for the swaro.
upload_2019-6-24_20-31-17.jpeg

You should definitely watch the classifieds here and on other forums. May be your best bet for good glass without paying full price. I don't mind buying used with a warranty like Vortex's. Same for Leupold.
Demos from places like Eurooptic are often good deals too.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts