Need a new chrono. Thoughts on my thought process?

The biggest factor is, How OCD (or anal) do you want to be.

4PS's I'd like to buy your 22LR that shoots at 3300 fps. from you. And it wasn't a SC. I see some of your data the speed increased on the third shot. Velocity does NOT tell you precision or accuracy of POI. Often slower means more accurate.

There is no response to frothing... that won't create more frothing.

L:DL ... but I know exactly what you mean, I worked with quite a few of them. :)

It's actually legal and OK to be envious. I've seen you upgraded from your quality Shooting Chrony to a Magnetospeed. Do you consider that to be an upgrade from the stop watch?

Now's the time for you to dazzle us with a bunch of cartoon characters and emoticons. Is that your equivalent of frothing at the mouth?

It's actually legal and OK to be envious. I've seen you upgraded from your quality Shooting Chrony to a Magnetospeed. Do you consider that to be an upgrade from the stop watch?

Now's the time for you to dazzle us with a bunch of cartoon characters and emoticons. Is that your equivalent of frothing at the mouth?

I must have hit a nerve, I was NOT commenting about you but rather RR's comment on OCD (anal).

Nonetheless, thanks for the entertainment.

Lighten up Francis !!!

I must have hit a nerve, I was NOT commenting about you but rather RR's comment on OCD (anal).

Nonetheless, thanks for the entertainment.

Lighten up Francis !!!

Very informative. My nerves are pretty impervious. My Posts remained on subject. If they're also entertaining to you, consider that my peace offering, blessed by the Pope.

Don't have a heart attack then.

So intimidating. Here comes your transition to frothing with cartoon characters and emoticons. Much more in character. Poor soul.

I'm game. Let's see who prevails. Talk about OCD? I've never seen a contested thread die where you weren't the last one wriggling and frothing. I'll let you outlast me, but you'll suffer the defeat.

Did too. Did not. Did too. Did not. Did too. Did not. Whatever...

So intimidating. Here comes your transition to frothing with cartoon characters and emoticons. Much more in character. Poor soul.

I'm game. Let's see who prevails. Talk about OCD? I've never seen a contested thread die where you weren't the last one wriggling and frothing. I'll let you outlast me, but you'll suffer the defeat.

Did too. Did not. Did too. Did not. Did too. Did not. Whatever...

GEEZ, not everything is about you.

With due respect to the OP, I'll refrain from posting about you.

I've got a electric eye one. and living way up in Eskimo land the sun or clouds or lack thereof plays havoc with it.

So my theory (un-tested) [Maybe PW can test it]

Was to take a translucent cor-flute and make a 18" x 24" roof over it. But to do that at a range with other shooters would not be fun. That might help it???

I've got a electric eye one. and living way up in Eskimo land the sun or clouds or lack thereof plays havoc with it.

So my theory (un-tested) [Maybe PW can test it]

Was to take a translucent cor-flute and make a 18" x 24" roof over it. But to do that at a range with other shooters would not be fun. That might help it???
I've read that you can build a light screen out of one of those plastic sheets that go with overhead tube lights, I think they are about 24"x40" or so but I just can't think of the name right now. I associate them with houses built in the 70's - 90's. Hopefully I described it well enough for you to understand what I am talking about. Or maybe you are talking about something else entirely.

The range I go to is an open range, no range officer or onsite staff, so it is up to us to work out hot and cold ranges. Usually when i go there is nobody else there so I can walk back and forth, or drive for that matter, as often as I want. And just because I need the exercise I usually walk every 3-4 shots, give the barrel time to cool a bit. So putting up a light screen or whatever won't be a problem if that is what I need to do. Somebody also mentioned turning the chrono on its side, if your tripod will do that, to help with the lighting issues.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.