neck turning tool ?

Some rifles, such as my Dad's factory 700 7mm Rem Mag, require neck turning with certain brands of brass. He uses Norma brass, and his loaded rounds have a neck diameter just .002 smaller than his fired case necks. A bullet also wouldn't easily slide into his fired case mouths. We turned .001 off each side to give a total clearance of .004 between the chamber and loaded rounds.

I do not turn necks for hunting, only for competition . Started with K&M, bought one for each barrel, so that adjustment never had to be moved. Then I switched to pma and never looked back.

I do not turn necks for hunting, only for competition . Started with K&M, bought one for each barrel, so that adjustment never had to be moved. Then I switched to pma and never looked back.
I'll buy your km ones :) I set Them up in my lathe and go crazy. Makes neck turning easy and quick

Some rifles, such as my Dad's factory 700 7mm Rem Mag, require neck turning with certain brands of brass. He uses Norma brass, and his loaded rounds have a neck diameter just .002 smaller than his fired case necks. A bullet also wouldn't easily slide into his fired case mouths. We turned .001 off each side to give a total clearance of .004 between the chamber and loaded rounds.
I just recently started shooting a Bergara B14 7mag, I took a fired case and tried to insert a Berger 168gr VLD and it would not slide in, this is using once fired factory Hornady brass out of that chamber. I was wondering why it would not slide in and after reading this forum, I now see what it means for neck turning. I have a 28 Nosler the bullets slide in easily on a fired case, but I have a donut it hits and stops the bullet from sliding in all the way. That was why I am going to purchase a K&M reamer and Turner.

I just recently started shooting a Bergara B14 7mag, I took a fired case and tried to insert a Berger 168gr VLD and it would not slide in, this is using once fired factory Hornady brass out of that chamber. I was wondering why it would not slide in and after reading this forum, I now see what it means for neck turning. I have a 28 Nosler the bullets slide in easily on a fired case, but I have a donut it hits and stops the bullet from sliding in all the way. That was why I am going to purchase a K&M reamer and Turner.
I don't like reaming the inside of my neck's I feel it rough them up I prefer to use a mandrel push all imperfections to the outside then turn them off

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts