My 338 lapua build

Submitted custom serial number for my Defiance. This is a no cost option. Must be 11 characters containing at least one number. Just an FYI.

Submitted custom serial number for my Defiance. This is a no cost option. Must be 11 characters containing at least one number. Just an FYI.
Im in the country between two small towns,about 150 yrds from Defiance.Know a guy works there that use to guide ,get to check out some there toys,he has a 338 rum and another there has a 338 NM.

Here's the Jewell HVR, Top Right Safety, No Bolt Release:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 118
New 5 Port Muscle Brake:
1.25" Wide
2.75" Long
2.1" Added on to the barrel length once threaded.
3/4x24 Threads
Can be turned down to 1"

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Ordered my HS Precision Stock today. PST036, Gray with Black webbing. 10-11 week wait. This is the same stock and color as my previous build. I'll have twins!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    49.1 KB · Views: 92
Just from my experience see if you can get some peterson brass (made in PA) it is nicer than the lapua and a little cheaper at least for now. I will never buy anything else for my .338's gun)

PM me if you want an further info on my testing lf the Peterson don't want to hijack the thread.

Last edited:
What aspect or quality of the Peterson brass is better than Lapua brand brass?

Do the primer pockets on the Peterson brass endure pressure as well as the Lapua brass?

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.