338 Lapua Build thoughs

When the mrs says jump..... I have to jump

Just go with a 338 lapua on the longest barrel you can be bothered with, go with a carbon stock, lighter scope (premier hunter?), ultralight rings, fluted, and a light contour.

28 inches would be good, try get the 300 smk over 2800 and it will be amazing.

Chris

When the mrs says jump..... I have to jump

Just go with a 338 lapua on the longest barrel you can be bothered with, go with a carbon stock, lighter scope (premier hunter?), ultralight rings, fluted, and a light contour.

28 inches would be good, try get the 300 smk over 2800 and it will be amazing.

Chris
Those 300 SMK and 190 SMK seem to really be a no brainier for .338 LM and .300WM respectivly.

If it were me and I was spending the kind of money your talken about, I would build the rifle for its intended purpose. Long, long range shooting and the bullets ability to remain supersonic beyond 1000 meters. This would call for nothing less than a 30 inch tube. Thats my take on the subject. If you want a lighter handier rifle to hunt with, with the kind of performance you want get a 338RUM.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.