.338 Lapua Build Help

Stavi300RUM

Hello all,
I'm tossing around the idea of building a .338 for hunting and target shooting. What recommendations can you all make to me as far as action, stock and barrel? I'm going with a Jewell of course and Nightforce will be riding on top. Wanting to throw 300 bergers of course. I DO have to stay under Idaho's stupid 16lb weight limit since I want to hunt with it.
Thanks for any information!

I just built one on a Defiance Deviant single shot action. Standard fluting on the bolt with a Manners T4A 100% carbon stock. Barrel is a Brux that's similar to a HV contour but tapers slightly more to finish at .885" at 32" length and is straight fluted. Has a 4 port Muscle brake. With Nightforce rings and Sightron SIII 6-24x50 and a Harris bi pod it comes in slightly under 16 lbs

If a single shot and max performance was key I would look into a DE LRMK and +p.If more a hunter packer I would think about a Deviant in 338 LA or a Norma,then pick what you like to finish. I have 2 in different stocks that fit the bill.One hunter style other more tact,but great comfort to shoot

I have thought of the LRKM, call me weird, but I don't really like the look of them...haha. I'm hoping for some along the lines of a Manners T2A for a stock. I think having a Deviant would be nice. Single or repeater...doesn't matter to me.

Heres the thing The De LRMK far out performs in a reasonable packages over standard design. You have single shot bull pup design with think it is 30" barrel.Dont quote me on specs but rifles is 48-49''. My 338 Normas with 26'' braked are same length but I cant get the type of performance.I really love my clip feed one though,so it whats important to you

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.