Muzzleloader barrel length

Every T/C I've owned, shot Barnes TMZ bullets extremely accurate. I preferred the 250gr TMZ. Favorite load was 107grs by volume or 75grs by weight. Drive right through a whitetail, bone and all, at 200yds. Barnes perform flawlessly down to 1,100fps.

I've tried the TMZ. Accurate, yes. Absolutely the devil to load and get down the barrel? You bet. If I had 5 minutes, my range rod and a hammer every time I needed to reload I might use them. Unfortunately that's not the case.

I'll try them in the second Impact, but if it's just as tight, forget it.

I've tried the TMZ. Accurate, yes. Absolutely the devil to load and get down the barrel? You bet. If I had 5 minutes, my range rod and a hammer every time I needed to reload I might use them. Unfortunately that's not the case.

I'll try them in the second Impact, but if it's just as tight, forget it.

The T-EZ will load easier.

You can also change the sabot for the TMZ, but only one sabot will work if you change, totally because of the boattail.

https://www.harvestermuzzleloading....category_id=7&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=18

The T-EZ will load easier.

You can also change the sabot for the TMZ, but only one sabot will work if you change, totally because of the boattail.

https://www.harvestermuzzleloading....category_id=7&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=18

As before, see post #9. I've got the T-EZ as one of the 2-3 I'm trying. The Hornady Monoflex and Nosler BT also shoot well, but I'm a bit hesitant to use the BT on elk. I ordered some of the Federals but as noted in Ron's postings elsewhere they may not perform as I'd like.

I've also tried the TMZ with the yellow Harvester you reference. Believe it or not, it loads more difficult than the TMZ with its original sabot. I thought I was going to have to drill it out. :D But, it sure was accurate.

I'll have several partially used boxes of bullets/sabots/etc to sell when I'm done.

Ironically it shoots the TC Bonded Shockwave 250s very accurately, but I got virtually zero expansion on a doe last November at 71 yards despite hitting her through the upper lungs and going through the spine. I'm not going to use that on elk. I'll be using those for shooting practice leading up to October.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.