.45 cal Muzzleloader load? New barrel

Pa Grizz has a good point on pushing the limits of what tHere guns do. However, i personally do not think it erodes safety at all. Have the number of accidents increased as the technology advanced? Here where I am in NJ they have not and a lot of stated that we're shotgun have evolved to straight wall cartridge which are solid 250 yard guns.

With our new governor I still hope we will be able to hunt in a few years.

Pa Grizz has a good point on pushing the limits of what tHere guns do. However, i personally do not think it erodes safety at all. Have the number of accidents increased as the technology advanced? Here where I am in NJ they have not and a lot of stated that we're shotgun have evolved to straight wall cartridge which are solid 250 yard guns.

With our new governor I still hope we will be able to hunt in a few years.
We have not had any increase in accident's either, but the people on the board now are people who have moved in from the city and do not like guns and hunting from the start,The extended range of these new gun's is just a tool to be used against us.We have a 150 yard zone we have to stay away from building's..One of the guys asked me If these guns would go that far if shot in that direction.If they keep checking into it they will find out these new muzzle loader's go faster and farther with a bigger bullet than my 30-30

The southern part of Wisconsin used to be shotgun, pistol, or muzzleloader only. Now it's state wide rifle and no increase in accidents. Most shots are under 100yards, and having to know what is possible for that bullet to do once it's fire is going to be the safty part. Know your target and beyond.

As for powder on BH 209 start at 80 on low end and top out at 110 for sure in 45. Standard WW or CCI primers, do not use the 777 primers. My 45 cal is smokeless now.

I am not a fan of the power belt bullets. They are easy to load, accurate and leave nice pencil holes and poor blood trails many times. My buddy has lost 3-4 nice deer with those things the last 8 years we have hunted and just will not switch in his 45.

1-28 is not fast enough to shoot the non sabot custom bullets.

I would go to "Dougs Message Board" and read some of the load data and posts there.

We have not had any increase in accident's either, but the people on the board now are people who have moved in from the city and do not like guns and hunting from the start,The extended range of these new gun's is just a tool to be used against us.We have a 150 yard zone we have to stay away from building's..One of the guys asked me If these guns would go that far if shot in that direction.If they keep checking into it they will find out these new muzzle loader's go faster and farther with a bigger bullet than my 30-30

If you are from PA, then they already know. In 2007 the PA legistlature hiref DARPA to do a big study and found that the new plastic tip muzzle loading and shotgun sabot bullets go further skipping than the 150 gr SP 30-06. The study is posted on their 2007 website.

If you are from PA, then they already know. In 2007 the PA legistlature hiref DARPA to do a big study and found that the new plastic tip muzzle loading and shotgun sabot bullets go further skipping than the 150 gr SP 30-06. The study is posted on their 2007 website.
Never heard that and I guess township people did not either

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.