Most effective muzzle brake

• Thread starter Deleted member 25294
  • Start date
How would you rate the beast vs the muscle brake vs the terminator?
Thanks

The blast of the Beast is a little bit more because the first port on the Muscle is straight but it's significantly less that a Pain Killer brake. I really like the Muscle brake but the 5 port really was a buzz kill, the Muscle brakes I drill a tip hole in a port to help keep the muzzle down but the Beast just lays there.
I don't like anything with top port to keep muzzle flip down, IMO that's wasted energy that should work more to recoil management and for me it's a significant source of concussion.
If it says anything all my rifles wear Beasts.

bigngreen, What is the backblast like on the beast? Is it something that the shooter feels or just anyone alongside the shooter?

Gary

I have always had and seen good results with the Bastard line of brakes. My buddy is currently using an Area 419 brake and it great as well. The self timing brakes are the only way to go in my opinion. My 300nm Imp will have a fat bastard 3/4"

I'm a believer in the MBM beast brakes. Put a 5-port on my 416 rum and couldn't be happier. Liked it so much I replaced a radial braked 300 rum with one. Almost eliminated muzzle rise and reduced recoil a ton even compared to the radial.

I'm a believer in the MBM beast brakes. Put a 5-port on my 416 rum and couldn't be happier. Liked it so much I replaced a radial braked 300 rum with one. Almost eliminated muzzle rise and reduced recoil a ton even compared to the radial.
Do you feel there's excessive concussion towards the shooter with the Beast brake? I'm seriously considering this one.

I don't really notice it. Although I've never fired it without muffs or plugs as it does make the noise seem louder. I can feel it a little standing behind someone shooting my rifle, but about 5-6 feet to the side of a shooter it is substantial. Gives you that, yep that was 90 plus grains of powder going off feeling.

Do you feel there's excessive concussion towards the shooter with the Beast brake? I'm seriously considering this one.
No, I'm very sensitive to concussion and the Beast don't effect me but I do know it's there, a brake like the PK makes me feel like someone shoved a air nozzle up my nose and pulled the trigger, it's actually painful in my sinuses to shoot, the Beast is as effective aggressive as I can shoot without it bothering me. I really like how the Beast just gives you enough down on the barrel to really hold the rifle without up ports.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.