Most accurate BIG animal bullet

Buzzsaw

Game : Nilgai
Caliber: &mm Magnum
Rifle: Winchester M70 Supergrade

Which bullet have you shown the best accuracy from? These bullets are not known for their benchrest type accuracy.

RE: Swift A-Frame
Accubond
Accubond long Range
Partiton's
any of The Barnes all coppers

Attachments

• IMG_2068.JPG
    IMG_2068.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 132
Partitions and Barnes have both been very accurate in most rifles I have tried them in. I use the Barnes in the faster guns like 7 Rem Mag or RUM, 375 Ruger, Partitions in the slower ones like 7x57. Never used much A Frames as they were hard to come by consistently. To me, availability is a factor in picking the right bullet too. May want to look at Hornady Interbonds. Excellent big game bullet, generally very accurate and cost less than half what Partitions and Barnes do. I have killed a ton of Moose, Elk and Bear using Hornady bullets, probably far more than I have with Barnes and Partitions combined though the Barnes count is catching up in the Moose and Elk count. Bears, nothing will ever catch up to the number I shot with Hornady..

Last edited:
In the 7 Rem Mag I would try 139 or 168 grain LRX or the 160 grain Partition. I would start with the LRX in 168 as this will work from Deer to Moose..

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.