Moar or moar t

Thanks guys for the info. I prefer the moar t but I'm worried about not being able to see it in low light or in the timber. Those of you using the moar t how is it in those conditions?
Thanks,
Jon
I can't speak to the NXS, but do have the SHV with the MOAR, which has the same glass. The MOAR gets a little hard to see at low light. If I could change anything I would go with the lighted reticle version.

Just click on the illumination if you're worried about it. Center only, no big red wash. I really like my moart

Thanks guys for the info. I prefer the moar t but I'm worried about not being able to see it in low light or in the timber. Those of you using the moar t how is it in those conditions?
Thanks,
Jon
Illuminated reticle helps as well if you're losing the reticle in low light.

If there's enough light to legally shoot big game, T is fine. Might not be the best choice for spotlighting varmints or thermal/NV use .

I think it depends on your preference. I like the MOAR-T in my ATAC-R and am very glad I went with it. After looking through both I decided that the thinner lines were better for long range and all around precision. I have hunted with it and think that it is great in low light situations. I also think that the center illumination is best if you end up using the illumination. You won't regret going with the MOAR-T. It is the best option in my opinion.

I was in the same boat and bought one of each. After using them for a year it's still a toss up but the edge goes to the T. I like that only the center cross hair illuminates on the T vs the whole reticle on the MOAR, it's like being pulled over by the cops when you turn that thing on. First scope, I would get the T. If you just don't like it you could sell it easier since most seem to prefer the T. I doubt you won't like it though. If I was only going to hunt Moose and Elk I would get the MOAR but for deer sized game and down get the T. I am going to get another one soon and it will be a T.

I originally had the NP-1, then traded when the MOAR came out. When i bought a second NXS, I went with the MOAR-T. Now both my NXS & ATACR have the MOAR-T. Just personal preference.

I've been shooting the MOAR-T in the NXS 8-32x56mm on a 338 LM for 5 years now. I turned the center reticle brightness down and have never had a problem finding my reticle in low light conditions. The glass is very clear and the lighted reticle has a good contrast in timber and open areas that I hunt. I've put down every animal that I have pulled the trigger on.
Try to find the scope and reticle combination that you like and look through them.
Good luck.! Shoot straight!

MOART is the way to go unless you like the thicker cross hairs.
Also depending on your eyes, I would definitely look at both of them at a store before you purchase,you eyes might not be comfortable with the MOART due to the thin cross hairs.
Good luck,
Nightforce is the way to go.

I'm going to get the nightforce nxs with either the moar or moar t. This rifle will be used as my primary hunting rifle and also for shooting steel and rocks to as far as my rangefinder will range. What do you guys prefer out of the two listed and why? Thanks for any help you can offer.
Jon
The T is for target. Little bit finer. I have both and like the T better.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts