NightForce New MOAR Reticle Scope

I'm intrigued by the reticle design & like the idea. I would love to get my hands on one to get a first person look at it. Not too cluttered yet not useless either, i've got two long range rifles sitting here w/o scopes; guess i'd be foolish not to look at the MOAR as well as the NP-R1 & NP-R2 which I already have.

gun)

Sounds like a good idea, but I would prefer the NP-R1 with it's finer reticle for long range. Even in my 2.5-10 I like the relatively fine reticle of the NP-R2 as I shoot way more ground hogs than elk with it. I am using Hollands ART reticle in a S&B on my LR rifle. This reticle has a very small subtension and easily works for 'hogs out to 1K.

I have sighted on elk at 1500 plus just to dryfire. And I have taken shots at coyotes at 1500 (trying to beat my 1200 yard yote) At these distances it does make a difference to me. Not that you can't center up with a thicker reticle, but I sure like seeing all the hair I can.

Jeff

I saw one of the new MOAR reticles today at Sportsman's Warehouse. It sure was nice, 1900.00 and some change though.

Does anyone know if NF is changing over the reticles for those that want to switch over to the new MOAR. If so, what is the cost? I have 3 NF scopes and don't need a 4th at this time, but I would like to change one over to the new MOAR.

Got mine last month, the 8-32x56. I compared it to my old Benchrest model which is 8-32x56 also. The reticle is to large and the fixed setting for the illuminated crosshair will just about blind you!! Our season deer season opened last Saturday and had a deer to get away from me because the reticle was just to bright. Our shooting time goes to hour after sunset, so an adjustable illuminated reticle is a big deal indeed!! The old benchrest has the dimmer and you can dial it down to the correct light level. For $2K you would think there would be options for the reticle thickness and the lighting for the reticle. I did however pop one the following day in the bean field at 630 yds!

Sendero72,

I hate to chime in and contest what your opinions are about the MOAR Reticle, however the brightness setting for the illumination is adjustable. You can find that in your owners manual that is in the box your scope came in. If you do not have that anymore, here is a link to a owners manual, you can paste this in your browser and get the directions:

nightforceoptics.com/pdf/OwnersManual.pdf

Now for the line thickness, I believe that may just be a matter of what the individual shooter prefers. There always is still the Np-R1 for the guys who like the finer reticle.

Hope this link helps. Take care.

Bob

I realize the I can adjust the reticle, but only to another "fixed" setting. You can't adjust it on the fly as the lighting situation changes.

PS....I enjoy your show!

Sendero72,

You are correct! Sorry if I missed that point you were trying to make! I was hoping to inform everyone that it is indeed adjustable. But 10-4 got ya now!

I can see your point. It would be a bit slicker in the field in varrying light conditions, if you could externally adjust it on the fly. This is great feedback and I will drop a line to the guys and see if there may be any movement that direction?

Thanks for the good word and support on the show!