Simple Nightforce Reticle

Does anybody else yearn for a much simpler reticle in any Nightforce SFP scope, or is it just me? I'd love to buy a Nightforce, but sadly the reticle options just aren't for me.
I use the MOAR reticle in two different Nightforce scopes it's pretty **** simple,the only thing more simple than that would be a duplex reticle.

I use the MOAR reticle in two different Nightforce scopes it's pretty **** simple,the only thing more simple than that would be a duplex reticle.
i mean stupid simple, like 4A, duplex, windplex. MOAR is still way too much for my liking. Can you even see the crosshairs of the MOAR in the woods? They're missing a demographic with their current offering, just thinking it's too small of a pool for them to attempt to grab, or they're not interested in the whitetail woods market.

i mean stupid simple, like 4A, duplex, windplex. MOAR is still way too much for my liking. Can you even see the crosshairs of the MOAR in the woods? They're missing a demographic with their current offering, just thinking it's too small of a pool for them to attempt to grab, or they're not interested in the whitetail woods market.
You can see it fine, especially in the NXS 2.5-10x42. Have you seen one in person? I think it's a very small group that would be interested in nightforce NXS or NX8 line with a standard duplex. I agree that the windplex does everything I need for 90%+ of my hunting but there's nothing it does that the MOAR doesn't do as well. I like the S&B P3L better than either. But they're all perfectly usable.

I've never felt like it was too busy while whitetail hunting in the woods. I've shot a bunch of whitetails with a MOAR on a 4-16x50, as has my son, and I have had no complaints, nor does he. I have hunted whitetails since I was a kid and grew up with duplex reticles and love the MOAR or similar reticles.

I see mine just fine but they are second focal plane. I understand first focal plane they get very small. but even under those circumstances, all you have to do is hit the illumination.

Last edited:
You can see it fine, especially in the NXS 2.5-10x42. Have you seen one in person? I think it's a very small group that would be interested in nightforce NXS or NX8 line with a standard duplex. I agree that the windplex does everything I need for 90%+ of my hunting but there's nothing it does that the MOAR doesn't do as well. I like the S&B P3L better than either. But they're all perfectly usable.
Agree with you on the P3L and even the plain P3.

I agree with the OP. Different taste for different folks. Not knocking the MOAR. I just find it and others like it way too busy. Had one in a NX8 FFP. My problem was it was useless below 8x to me. Then when turning on the illumination I wish just the very center would have light up. Just my preference. Why I have the VX6 HD Firedot. For hunting to me it's just what I like. I do wish it had the same tracking reliability that NF has though. Been looking close at the Trijicon Credo HX 4-16x50. Tracking is reliable from what iv read. They have an illuminated duplex I think I'd like for hunting. Just a thought. Not sure but don't think it has parallel adjustment. Here's a pic IMG_6676.pngIMG_6675.pngIMG_6675.png

My absolute favorite reticle, and scope for hunting for that matter, is this one from nightforce. I know it only goes to 4 power but it's perfect when put on a 45-70 out to 200 yds or so. The bottom leg of the small center post can be used quite effectively to drop in 300 grain pills at 225. I look for reasons to swap it onto other guns like a 50 cal. Muzzleloader. No matter how many times I land on my butt going up and down mountains it always holds true.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231204-071958_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20231204-071958_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_5461.jpg
    IMG_5461.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 34
My absolute favorite reticle, and scope for hunting for that matter, is this one from nightforce. I know it only goes to 4 power but it's perfect when put on a 45-70 out to 200 yds or so. The bottom leg of the small center post can be used quite effectively to drop in 300 grain pills at 225. I look for reasons to swap it onto other guns like a 50 cal. Muzzleloader. No matter how many times I land on my butt going up and down mountains it always holds true.
Who's NF would put that in a scope with more magnification in a SFP. That I like!!!