Simple Nightforce Reticle

I'd love a simple mil with thick posts an an illuminated dot
Good luck on that. It appears the scope industry is more interested in the competition shooting or long range side of things these days instead of the average hunter, hence the modern day reticle.

Now with that said, my favorite NF reticle is the MOAR or MOART.

Agree.

I would love a simple 4A illuminated reticle, second focal plane, in the NX8 for hunting. I would like to have the tracking reliability of the Nightforce for an ability to dial for shots over 300 yards, but a good hunting reticle for 90% of the shots that I get which are under 300 yards. I don't like a Mil or MOA reticle in the second focal plane, since the MOA/Mil hash marks are only accurate at one power setting (typically the highest setting). When you have the Mil or MOA reticle in the first focal plane, it is too small on low power (2.5x, 4x) to be useful. I do like the Leupold 6xHD/5xHD scopes with Firedot reticle for hunting, but would prefer the Nightforce for their reputation on durability and reliable dialing.

I literally once shot 223 in a hurricane and didn't need all the windage these reticles are providing
I can relate!
I used to carry a 17HMR as a truck gun. It was very accurate in zero atmosphere.
Try to hit something over 100 yards in a wind... o_O
I switched to 223 with Mexican Match ammo.

IIRC the SHV 3-10 has a forceplex reticle
Just too late...