A3 or MCS-t?

LightfootE

For a combo, hunting/target rifle. I'm building my first custom, I have a tikka action, CDI long action BDM, Rock Creek 27" #5 fluted. Going 6.5x284.

Will mostly be for learning to shoot past 500yrds at the range. However I am first and foremost a hunter so this thing will have to pull double duty when I decide to take it into the field. Shooting off a knee, prone, off logs, pack, offhand, ect. I'd like to be able to pull off shots as needed. Not all long range shots of course, but when afield some time game just happens to pop up out of nowhere and you have to make quick shots.

The Manners mcs t is more what I had in mind initially, more of a typical hunting stock. However I notice a lot of people like the Mcmillan A3. I can imagine the vertical grip being really comfy when prone or off bags. How is it to shoot offhand? Off a knee?

Thanks guys

I went with the Manners MCS-T for my hunting rifle and it works great! I use the McMillian A-3 Adj for competition and it's great! For mostly hunting, I would use the MCS-T, it works very good for Target shooting as well, but it's a great hunting stock!

My two cents!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.