Mill rad?

Rich Coyle

How many mills at 500 yards? I purchased a March 2.5-25X52 a few months ago. Yesterday I opened the box and realized it has mill instead of MOA on the turrets.

Your MIL scope will probably be 1/10 mil per click, so .36" per click or as stated above, a MIL is 3.6" at 100 yds, 36" at 1000 yds. Do a bit of research and shooting a bit and you may find the system pretty easy to adapt to.

Last edited:
How many mills at 500 yards? I purchased a March 2.5-25X52 a few months ago. Yesterday I opened the box and realized it has mill instead of MOA on the turrets.
At 500 yards, a .1 MIL click is 1.8".

How many MIL you will need to dial to impact at 500 is not able to be determined without all the info you would need to provide.

Bullet BC
Bullet MV
Zero distance
Elevation/barometric pressure
Temperature
Humidity
Look angle
Wind

The entire industry is a mess when it comes to this. Linear measurements should not enter angular equations unless estimating range to target. Otherwise, we should be thinking, computing, and operating purely angularly, as each system is designed for.

Yet even mil shooters call out group size in MOA. lol We could just as easily reference a .2 mil group. Then there are shooters that insist on calling out wind in angular units, instead of MPH as they should be. It would be nice if everyone would get on the same page for a second... but that would require cooperation and people to see bigger than themselves. Which, will definitely not happen.

They key lies in understanding all systems and correlations, which is not hard.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

If my load requires 8 moa at 500 yds, how many clicks on my mill scope would it require?

This may help you more than asking others to do the math...

moa-vs-mrad

It's pretty simple but like orkan states best to learn both... I learned Mils in the Army, but still call my groups in MOA LOL plus some of my scopes are in Mils, some are in MOA it's not too difficult to learn both...

3037wbymag,

Thanks.

2buffalo,

No.
I used to use MOA until I read a couple articles on mils. It is easier once you understand it. The easiest way I have found is have a range finder with a BC set the distance to yards and set it to mils then multiply the mils X 10 (if it is a .1 mil turret). Basically just move one decimal point to the left. 2.5 mils 25 clicks 1.2 mils 12 clicks and so on.