Moa or mill ?

I run 18in/lbs on my TT315s with Seekins rings. I have not had an issue yet. From 6CM to 28 Nosler.
I also run 50in/lbs in my ARC M-brace rings, again, with no issues.

And please don't compare a NF NX8 to a TT315M....ever....EVER....for any reason! šŸ˜‚
I would not compare TT315M to any NF except in weight categories. I keep trying to talk myself out of spending the $$$$ for the TT. So far I have been successful. There is always something that derails my wish list it seems.

I prefer MOA because it's easier dialing to a number then quarter, half, or three quarter to the next whole number. I'm not counting clicks or trying to count hash marks. I know there is an enlarged half mark on the mil but there are 4 on either side instead of three with the half enlarged. It's just much faster to me since most of my everyday life is divided in quarters.

I would not compare TT315M to any NF except in weight categories. I keep trying to talk myself out of spending the $$$$ for the TT. So far I have been successful. There is always something that derails my wish list it seems.
Bite the bullet and don't look back.

I have five, and I am not unhappy about a single one of them.

Easiest is laser ranging, and dialing.
Highest resolution is inches per hundred yards (IPHY), then MOA, then MIL.

It's hard for me to understand why anyone shooting at distance today would not be laser ranging, or have anything to calculate in the field..
Just remember...there is also 1/8 MOA, .05MIL, 1/3 MOA, and the old version of MIL which is 6400 MIL per circle NATO artillery vs the 6283 MIL per circle which is standardized now. If it wasn't confusing enough.

Getting down to the last few things for my 280ai build . It's already at Axis Works and should be done in a few weeks. I'm down to dies and scope ,mounts,level.
Primary use is hunting with an occasional range trip .
Specs as follows
Kelby nanook
Proof sendero light 1:8.4 26 inch
Trigger tech diamond
Manners lrh
I've never shot mill always moa
I really like the nightforce moar and have a atacr,and two shv, not counting some ziess and leupold.
You can't beat nightforce for durability but there heavy .
I've been leaning towards either a zco 420 or tangent 315m the tangent would be the best by weight .
The big one is do I stay moa or go mill ? šŸ¤” AGAIN I've never shot mill and have a very limited knowledge of mill scopes . Everyone is always saying that they are much simpler and most alpha glass is mill.
I don't want to buy a moa scope and not be happy with it or vise versa and get mill and not understand what I'm doing.
Stick with what you know! under a stressful situation Your mind will revert back to what it has always done.

Last edited:
Id suggest buying a TT. @lancetkenyon "forced" me to do it and i have never regretted it. Incredible glass and the most forgiving parallax of any scope I've owned. Buy used, as I did, and save some cash. The Rokslide drop test is gospel for some, but mine has rode in a UTV and been packed around central AZ for almost 5 years and seems to kill stuff every year.

Last edited:
I'm 71 and used MOA all my life,can't change now.However I did run into a problem this past summer where my Leupold range finder,a Revic and a Vortex Fury all had different distance numbers to target at our range.Off by several feet and one by 1 yard.
You can verify range with a mil scope and it's pretty accurate as I am told(I have never done it).My cousin was in nam and worked some special ops s&d group and all used mil scopes to range distances,no rangefinders.I found this video that shows how:

Yeah, potato patato. Different but the sameā€¦
If you were to accept an error of .33" @ 1kyd for 3 clicks, and you need ~30 clicks to reach 1kyd, now your potato is 3.3".

It is common for scope makers to generalize these terms, just as so many here do, so test your scope to determine the truth.
Shoot a box

If you were to accept an error of .33" @ 1kyd for 3 clicks, and you need ~30 clicks to reach 1kyd, now your potato is 3.3".

It is common for scope makers to generalize these terms, just as so many here do, so test your scope to determine the truth.
Shoot a box
My point, either MRAD or MOA scopes will get you thereā€¦but stick with what you have and become familiar with your setup. Use a laser rangefinder and a ballistics app, have fun, and don't get wrapped around the axle.

Last edited:

Recent Posts