Clicks or moa ??

I use both. When I'm hunting most of my shots are 300 or less. I write the dope for my "hunting round" down in a book. When I get in the stand I review the #'s so if a deer comes out I immediately know how many clicks I need. This year it was 1,2,3,5,7,9,11,13,16,18,21,23. This is 25 yrd increments out to 400 yrds. This year a seven pt walked out for less then 30 secs in a food plot. Cutting the corner. I knew 5 clicks was what I needed and rolled on.

At the range I use MOA on the iPhone.

Last edited:
I know yardage marked dials aren't for everyone, but if it's 750 yards, I just dial to 750, read the wind and squeeze it off. I have 2 dials that cover almost all of North America's elevations (3000' & 7000'). That covers 80% of my shots. Another 10% might have an incline issue of between 20deg & 30deg where I just take 10% off the dial. The last 10% I might dig out the chart or IPOD, but not very often.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.