Which scope: Millet 6-24x56 Tactical Mill Dott VS Nikon Monarch 6-24x50 Sf Bdc

antonjengel

Which scope: Millet 6-24x56 Tactical Mill Dott VS Nikon Monarch 6-24x50 Sf Bdc I have the 300 and 257 Wheatherby Magnums and need to fit scopes. this will be used for short and long range sniper shooting and hunting.

I'm new to long range but I'll see if I can help. Never looked thru or held a monarch. Just recvieved the a millett lrs today in the mail. 35mm version with 56mm objective. Glass looks good {I've never looked thru a >$1500 scope}. My question was the supplied mounts. After recieving, I mounted the millet on the accumark 300 wby mag. today at lunch. The rings were to high. About 1/2" or a little more from the barrel. I called bushnell and they confiremed I had the medium or .642?? rings and would need the low .476?? rings. Hope this helps if you choose the millett lrs.

LRHUNTER1320.

I'm new to long range but I'll see if I can help. Never looked thru or held a monarch. Just recvieved the a millett lrs today in the mail. 35mm version with 56mm objective. Glass looks good {I've never looked thru a >$1500 scope}. My question was the supplied mounts. After recieving, I mounted the millet on the accumark 300 wby mag. today at lunch. The rings were to high. About 1/2" or a little more from the barrel. I called bushnell and they confiremed I had the medium or .642?? rings and would need the low .476?? rings. Hope this helps if you choose the millett lrs.

LRHUNTER1320.
60 bucks a pair in low medium and high these after market are beefee
with a 20 moa rail I'm getting 120 moa of ajustment when "0" is 32 and again 300 yrds. glass is great (killed a ground squirrel at 1100 (barked him)lrs-1) repeatable in every way 2000 rounds under it from a 300wmgun)it kind of greys a little at 25 power but not bad. at anything under it is sharp and clear. on mine set at 12x the yrd marks on the parallax nob seem to correlate well with image stability but on 24 its parralax is set at 700 when shooting 1100. on 24x @ 1500yrds image stability hits the infinity mark. threw all the adjustments the 0 stays firm

load, thanks for the reply. I dont want to threadjack so you have inspired me to start my own thread. Its titled "millett lrs1 .1mil/newbie questions"

Help me out over there if you can and good luck to antonjengel on makeing the right decision.

You will NOT be disappointed with the Monarch! I have a 5x20 Monarch and I honestly wouldn't trade it for anything. The eye relief is awesome, the lenses are crystal clear, and it will hold up to anything you put it through. I loved the fact that they come with a sun shade and extra turrets. Just my two cents

60 bucks a pair in low medium and high these after market are beefee
with a 20 moa rail I'm getting 120 moa of ajustment when "0" is 32 and again 300 yrds. glass is great (killed a ground squirrel at 1100 (barked him)lrs-1) repeatable in every way 2000 rounds under it from a 300wmgun)it kind of greys a little at 25 power but not bad. at anything under it is sharp and clear. on mine set at 12x the yrd marks on the parallax nob seem to correlate well with image stability but on 24 its parralax is set at 700 when shooting 1100. on 24x @ 1500yrds image stability hits the infinity mark. threw all the adjustments the 0 stays firm

My guess is it is graying at 25X mainly because you are getting just over a 2 mm exit pupil added to the glass being very good but not top tier stuff. I'll give you $200 for that crappy graying junker....LOL!

My guess is it is graying at 25X mainly because you are getting just over a 2 mm exit pupil added to the glass being very good but not top tier stuff. I'll give you $200 for that crappy graying junker....LOL!
no way i love this junker scope;-}
the greying really isnt that bad. Sunday I was able to see chuckers milling around my target at 1100 yrds on 25x. :D per x setting the field of view is really wide and seems larger/closer than any of my other scope

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.