Metal Epoxy Weld

You might experiment on some similar thickness steel, super clean degreased and play with fusion tig and then add some filler somewhere else just to see what works best. It's barely any strength needed so mostly a cosmetic repair. Any other solder or braze won't rust blue so it would be noticeable.

YEP
Just need to take the sporterixzed stock off and put on a dissent piece of wood from the 98 Mauser with the Claw Type Scope= back up to $30K
Good Luck with that! A true, collectable Mauser '98 will have the action, bolt, bottom metal and stock with all matching serial numbers, or at min, the last 4 digits matching. Sniper visions had the scope serial numbered to the rifle. The only military '98 of that time period that had a hinged floor plate was the 1909 Argentine. And it wasn't a 8mm. It was 7.65 x 53 Argentine, which differed slightly from the 7.65 x 53mm Belgian round.

No, not at that place since '12. Mostly retired from working in other people's shops now to get back to my farm and doing my own stuff like building race cars and hunting buggies. Hoping to get a nice lathe to complement my mill next year, so I can start building rifles.
My last project

Attachments

• 2643.jpeg
    2643.jpeg
    437.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 0523201852.jpg
    0523201852.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 43
  • 28348.jpeg
    28348.jpeg
    181.9 KB · Views: 43
The highest strength hardware store epoxy is Gorlla-43000 psi. I would try to silver braze it.
My BS meter is pegged! BTW, I'm not calling BS on you, but on the package! All glues are generally a thermoset plastic. Max strength is in the 1000psi to 4000psi range. I'm sure there are tweaks to get it higher, but nothing over 10000 psi.

That number is somewhere between aluminum and steel.

The sad part is 90% of the loss from the package number is in quality of application. Many of these don't flow and wet out well.