Matrix bullets

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Short Case, Apr 11, 2019.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. Short Case

Short Case Well-Known Member

I just found out that we can not order Matrix bullets with out a import license as of April 02 2019

2. lancetkenyon

lancetkenyon Well-Known Member

Yep. Major bummer.

3. Short Case

I've though about building a 6 SST using the new Matrix 125 vld not now

4. BEEMAN

BEEMAN Well-Known Member

Short Case that 125 gr Matrix is a good looking bullet. They sent me a few to try out. I’m in Canada and got access to Matrix bullets but not much else! I was also going to build a 6SST but couldn’t find a action that wasn’t going to break the bank. So I scraped the build. I think that could be a great bullet out of the 6SST. Maybe I’ll build one someday.

5. Trnelson

Trnelson Well-Known Member

Fark

6. Short Case

We need to fine someone with a license and put in a group buy to get some bullets

7. Swamplord

Swamplord Well-Known Member

That sucks, I've been waiting for Chinchaga to make a run of his .257 cal heavies

8. nicholasjohn

nicholasjohn Member

This looks like a budding business opportunity for a bullet-maker here in the states. If there is enough demand for really long & heavy 6mm bullets, somebody will make them. If it gets enough talk on sites like this one, it will happen.

9. Trnelson

Trnelson Well-Known Member

Maybe just someone to partner with Matrix to produce those bullets here in the US. Maybe bring them in incomplete enough to comply with import / export rules and finish them off here for the US market. Just a thought.

10. Michael O'Connor

Michael O'Connor Well-Known Member

Save barrel life with a better performer. Just build a 25 SST and use 131gr. ACE bullets for long range. That cartridge is all you will ever need for hunting except for elk.

11. Short Case

I've talk to Black Jack bullets he has a nice looking bullet, his 257 131 gr. bullet is 1.44" long, the Matrix 6mm 125 gr. bullet is 1.53 long. I think barrel life is about the same on both, it's all how you shoot them. I hope you bough a 7 twist barrel, he's talking about a heaver bullet in the 257 cal.