Matrix Bullets

frostop

Well I just found out that Matrix bullets has sold! Has anyone been able to get anything from the new owner??

Gary

From the site:
Matrix Ballistics

I have reached an agreement to sell Matrix Ballistics Ltd. effective August 29, 2016 to Stephen Baardsen of Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada.
I would like to thank all my loyal customers who have helped build Matrix Ballistics into the best custom bullet manufacturer in Canada and appreciate their loyalty and friendship over the years.
Steve can be reached at his email address [email protected]
The website will be down until October when it will be returned to full function. Steve's production plan is to start to produce 6mm 105 grain VLD's in October and be ready to ship by November 1st, 2016. He will produce them until new jacket inventory arrives for other bullet calibers.
Please contact Steve to arrange purchase and shipping dates.
Thank you again for everything.
Marshal Ambrose

Well I have gotten through the first fifty of a hundred (.277-165gr.) 270wsm
Just got out and this past Saturday to validate at 400 (the longest readily available) and shot 4 rounds-three of which grouped into a half minute, the forth was way out which I chalked up to my in-experience shooting prone!!

Definitely need to get out and shoot some more at different yardages and different conditions, so will likely need more bullets at some point.

I just checked the website and it is still not back up! I will email Steve!

The 270 cal won't be coming back soon, it sounded like the new owner wasn't interested in them and did not buy the dies. I would be setting up for the 170 Berger now and sell any Matrix to someone who isn't starting fresh.

Well, I was thinking about switching a rifle over to them , but I think I will wait until the site is up and see what they have on offer.

No point in starting a new load developement if supplies are scarce on the ground or discontinued.

Well that sucks, spend all that time getting something to shoot and have to change it up!!
Makes me want to go back to and SGK or SMK, that just ****es me off!!

I know there is a Hammer Bullet guy on here, would this happen with your line??

Well that sucks, spend all that time getting something to shoot and have to change it up!!
Makes me want to go back to and SGK or SMK, that just ****es me off!!

I know there is a Hammer Bullet guy on here, would this happen with your line??

That's life, any company can be sold and you'll see changes, bullets get changed all the time that is why a lot of guys buy enough bullets to shoot out the barrel at the start. Fortunately it seems the throating for the 165 Matrix works very well with the 170 Berger.
Any boutique manufacture with only one or two guys running it can't go on indefinitely, I don't know if putting pressure on the new guy would get him to be the dies ant run them or not but may be worth a try.

That's life, any company can be sold and you'll see changes, bullets get changed all the time that is why a lot of guys buy enough bullets to shoot out the barrel at the start. Fortunately it seems the throating for the 165 Matrix works very well with the 170 Berger.
Any boutique manufacture with only one or two guys running it can't go on indefinitely, I don't know if putting pressure on the new guy would get him to be the dies ant run them or not but may be worth a try.

This is the second bullet maker that has done this to me in the last year but I do buy most boutique bullets in bulk also, so its not a big deal. I will miss talking to Marshall - nice guy.

Well I emailed Steve and he replied that Marshall didn't want to sell those dies since that was his favorite caliber!

I will use up what I have and move on to something more readily available!!gun)

Well I emailed Steve and he replied that Marshall didn't want to sell those dies since that was his favorite caliber!

I will use up what I have and move on to something more readily available!!gun)

Well however it went down maybe a little pressure and he'd get dies and run them, I checked and it would probably take a couple grand in dies maybe less depending and he could order them in a hybrid design.

I still have 85 pills left which I will likely just use for elk and find something else for deer, I have some ballistic tips and some silvertips as well. That being said I really don't like to have different loads for everything and generally just find one that will work for everything!

It is what it is and maybe Steve will get tooled up for them by the time I run out? If not may have to give the Bergers a shot?:D
Sounds like it may be in his best interest to do so! That bullet was a great option for the .270, reasonably priced etc.

Gary

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.