Matrix Bullets in US....

19 Badger

Just looked on the Matrix website for some bullets for my .270 WBY. A notice popped up saying they can no longer ship to US effective immediately due to a recent US Customs ruling. Bummer, they are fine shooting bullets. I guess I will go back to Accubonds... Jay

Just looked on the Matrix website for some bullets for my .270 WBY. A notice popped up saying they can no longer ship to US effective immediately due to a recent US Customs ruling. Bummer, they are fine shooting bullets. I guess I will go back to Accubonds... Jay

Interesting! I too like their bullets (165/175s).

As soon as Marshal sold the business I quit buying them. That is a bummer however because they are a very good and accurate bullet.

This was posted on another forum:

I received an interesting email from Steve @ Matrix...as follows.

"I received the ruling from the US Customs yesterday and they have made a ruling that my bullets are "ammunition" and therefore require a permit for each customer. When I started this company a number of years ago I received a ruling that bullets were exempt because they did not include a propellant or primer and, therefore, could not be considered a cartridge or ammunition. Sometime in the last few years this definition was changed and all sub-components were included. I suspect this happened last Dec because Canada changed a lot our import rules.

Unfortunately, this ruling prevents me from shipping anymore products into the US for the near foreseeable future and ultimately probably will shutdown the business."

So, if you're like me...you'll have to apply for a permit to order from him or move on to the next thing they ban.

. "Application and permit for Importation of Firearms, Ammunition and Defense Articles. OMB No. 1140-0005(10/31/2019)"

What a crock of ----...

Yep. The U.S. and Canada have been having their own version of trade wars since forever. If it's not over dairy products it's softwood and hardwood. One country decides they need a little more control over incoming goods, the other responds with tariffs. It's just another version of one-ups-manship with both sides waiting to see if the other one blinks.:eek:;)

This import and export of firearms related products needs to end. I'm in Canada and agree this will be very hard on Matrix. What I don't understand is why in Canada we can't just buy stuff from the U.S.? Example would be a NF scope. Can buy them here, but can't buy one in the States. Same goes with barrel blanks, stocks etc. It's all a money grab. I can import a stock, blank, scope for $50. It's $250 for a action. Total joke.

Yeah I would think they're out as well. Another small business that will struggle.

Well that really blows. I just got a box of the 150s to test in my 6.5SS. Guess I won't even crack open the box since I won't be able to get them any longer.

The 150 shot really well in my 6.5 Sherman. My barrel didn't shoot the 160's as well as the 150's. Now that my 6SST build didn't happen I'm not sure where I'll use the 125 gr 6mm Bullets he sent me. Nice looking bullet. I've always had great customer service at Matrix.

The 150 shot really well in my 6.5 Sherman. My barrel didn't shoot the 160's as well as the 150's. Now that my 6SST build didn't happen I'm not sure where I'll use the 125 gr 6mm Bullets he sent me. Nice looking bullet. I've always had great customer service at Matrix.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.