Matrix Bullets in US....

I guess what it comes down to now is who's going to look into being a US based distributor? Come on now, somebody needs to get out their check book!

if I didn't live on the east coast and the check book was bigger I would. I think that the 165 matrix held up better than the 170 berger under high velocity. just finished of the last of the 142 matrix in my 6.5 PRC this morning. they will be missed.

I think there is a market for the heavy .277 cal since Matrix was doing okay in the US market. Heck Hornady kinda stepped in with the 145gr ELD-X but that's not really the parameters we're talking about. The guys over at Rokslide been shooting the Matrix 165gr and Berger 170gr in 1-10" twist rifles and doing okay. Sierra, Hornady, or Nosler needs to go ahead and make a "hunting match" hybrid or VLD style bullet. I guess Swampworks or Barnes could throw their hat in there too.

I chose the 190 gr. Matrix VLD for my Remington Sendero in 7RUM for down range terminal performance and to extend barrel life. The Matrix bullet uses less powder and exits the muzzle at 3050 fps, so hopefully less barrel erosion. Heavy Burgers require a faster twist than my factory barrel and I don't want to spend the money to re barrel to a different cartridge. If I have to use another bullet it will be possible to use a 175-180 grain bullet, but my rifle did not like Bergers and I am iffy about ABLR's. Bummer!

Competition is good for the consumer. If it weren't for companies pushing the limits and thinking outside of the box we'd still be trying to get as much powder as possible behind the lightest bullet for caliber possible. That would probably be good for Weatherby but for everyone else who's happy that we're progressing farther away from chucking spears it's a good thing. Does anyone know if it would be a problem to buy Matrix bullets in Canada while traveling through?

Oh I'd never smuggle in bullets and try and resell em but but I wouldn't be apposed to giving a "friend" some of my bullets and maybe they could "loan" me some money.

That's probably the smartest answer, but I do like the idea of somebody filling a false compartment in their fuel tank full of bullets to smuggle them into the US. LOL
Oh man we just had a Canadian Army Sniper team at our competition, wish I'd have known this sooner.:D

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.