Mass Shootings - Why?

NO, quite a few, School's in Idaho, ARE,. "Armed" it's just NOT,.. Broadcasted to,. the Public !
I've made, a citizen's arrest and another Time, I drew my Pistol on, 3 would be, Mugger's, while Fishing alone, in the Back Country and IF, I heard of Kids being, Shot at,.. I'd GO,.. IN,.. Nobody, Lives,.. forever !
It's been reported to the news many times. Smaller school districts have armed their staff but not larger ones to my knowledge. If they are I'm fine with it. In any case it doesn't sound like you're familiar with the tactics otherwise you wouldn't be framing your statements using emotional phrasing. I hope you never have to go into a school armed. It's not a matter of living forever, testosterone, or proving anything. It's a matter of saving lives. Not causing a bigger problem.

I'm too OLD !
Can't "Run and Gun" like, I used to !
My Heart ache's for all these Folks, in Texas !
A SAD, day !

Last edited:
I am vehemently opposed to red flag laws. There is no way to implement those without infringing on individual liberty is which is the foundation of the country.

LE is in a no-win situation because of exactly what @codyadams said. Until a crime is committed there's not a lot they can do. Again, individual liberties.

I also know more laws will not fix the problem. It's going to take a great societal reset to make a difference. I unfortunately don't know what that would look like.

Law Enforcement is, PAID to Protect and Serve,. IT's, their JOB to, SAVE,. Lives !
And YES, I can tell, the difference between, a 10 year old, Student and an 18-20 year old, "Crazie" with,.. an AR !
Actually the SC has ruled that police officers do not have a duty to protect individual citizens.

I am vehemently opposed to red flag laws. There is no way to implement those without infringing on individual liberty is which is the foundation of the country.

LE is in a no-win situation because of exactly what @codyadams said. Until a crime is committed there's not a lot they can do. Again, individual liberties.

I also know more laws will not fix the problem. It's going to take a great societal reset to make a difference. I unfortunately don't know what that would look like.
I agree that LE is in a no win situation because even if they make a good arrest there's no guarantee what the DA will do. I followed an individual that was off. I reported him and was asked to try to watch him. I did and had to lead the agencies to the suspect. Well two arrests were made that day for burglaries, possession of stolen firearms, stealing firearms, and other charges. In the end no prison time. So I risked myself and my family for nothing. I'm none too pleased.
Actually the SC has ruled that police officers do not have a duty to protect individual citizens.
Yup I think there's like three precedents to support this now.

Ok this thread can get ugly or we can have a thoughtful dialogue on why.

How about we start with how many of these mass shootings may have been prevented if government did their job? Many of the mass shooters were known, interviewed and cut loose even with social media posted violence statements? Red Flag laws go after folks on far less but yet the FBI, state and local law enforcement and even school officials fail to do whatever is required to restrict these known violent people? This is not a general across the board LEO bash so don't go down that road, this is directed at those who investigated and turned these people loose. We have a process that identifies high risk potential shooters, they are interviewed and yet this system fails to protect us. If someone trips a potential high risk shooter red flag, how the hell are they being turned loose?

We need answers on this egregious system failure before anything else can be considered IMO. We need to push our representatives to get answers. What corrective preventive actions MUST be taken by those Agencies and Education to stop a potential shooter?
Did you just use Government and doing their job in the same sentence?

I'm regards to the Texas shooting, nobody is asking one big question. Where the hell did the shooter find a place that actually had 2 AR's and plenty of ammo in stock?? How did he purchase 350 rounds of ammo, when you're usually restricted to a couple of boxes of ammo (if it's in stock). And, he had to drop at least $2-3K on all of it. Where did an 18 year old kid get the cash??
I don't have any good answers, but this appears to be a lone wolf terrorist attack, as it appears that the gunman had to have been funded. If by some chance it is not a funded terrorist attack then this is another unbalanced individual wanting to harm folks for his 5 seconds of fame. Bottom line there is a small unstable part of the populace that will intentionally do harm to others, my thoughts and prayers go out to the impacted families. The goal of a terrorism is to put fear in place in our society. As most parents with school age children I am concerned for our daughter's safety although I have bought her a bullet proof backpack teach her awareness. I have taught both my wife and daughter to be prepared and I tell them because of your preparedness the evil will not come your way as it will seek an easier target. I pray for the lord's protection of them both as well as my extended family and friends and for our nation, with a hope that god will grant his wisdom to our leaders. Our current political climate in our great nation, many politicians are not god fearing men and women, and many are swayed by disinformation and greed. But I still have hope for better days.

It has been rumored that the cartel was targeting the border patrol agents kids that went to school there? Will never know but I wouldn't put it past them.

Have heard also his mother was a drug addict that fought with him all the time and just kicked him out. Was staying with his grandmother that he shot.

Attachments

• A7F823AD-9DCB-4EA3-89AB-C4B3995365FF.jpeg
    A7F823AD-9DCB-4EA3-89AB-C4B3995365FF.jpeg
    238.7 KB · Views: 53

Recent Posts