Mass Shootings - Why?

Mental illness is the answer.

Sane people regardless of circumstances don't kill others.

The issue of how to address mental illness is on par with how to achieve world peace.

The old saying about "where there's a will, there's a way" is tragically true.

IMO all this boils down to today's society. You have in most cases both parents working, violence on TV and theaters and video games, Parents not raising children to have respect for authority and not accepting responsibility for their actions. No training on the use and dangers of firearms either.
Those of us born in the 50s or even 60s and 70s know what I'm talking about. It was extremely rare to hear of such a shooting back then. A lot more were raised with firearms in the home and we knew not to touch them without adult supervision. We were taught how to shoot and how to handle a firearm safely.
The laws were different also. When us boys were 16 and could drive we had our guns in our vehicles when we went to school so we could go hunting right after. We would even show our guns to our teachers and they would show us their's. Its a crazy world today.

Just something to ponder ...

1653666458751.png

One of the most gut wrenching things I have heard in addition to having to identify children by their DNA is the little girl that survived by rubbing the blood of her friend on her clothes and playing dead. We as a society have reached the point where we need to tell the children in their active shooter drills to rub the blood and brains of their dead classmates on their clothing and play dead.

Just something to ponder ...

View attachment 368576

Have to start this in the first grade...check out what Japan does!

Great Evil has been done in the past. Great Evil will happen in the future as it is part of the human being's Nature.

If we care about our community, then we will make an effort to ensure its security. If the average person were to witness what goes on in public high schools, they would be appalled.

Last edited:
The news conference earlier today was very hard to watch and in the end highlights the some real issues. One or two mistakes can create an environment where tragedy can result An open door that should have been locked and bad decisions by the person in charge can unravel all the procedures and safe guards. I come from a childhood with a father that accepted only perfection in the work performed. He was in air traffic control and believed there are ways to insure zero defect. When it comes to protecting children in a school setting, we must strive for this perfection.

Many leaders in the School systems are just crazy left-wingers, and security makes some feel unsafe and offended, the same reason is why teachers can not arm themselves. Whoever suggests that teachers arm themselves has no idea of just how left-wing our school systems have evolved.. Protecting students is less important than creating an environment where students perceive they are safe, many come from homes so broken it is hard to believe. Many students would not eat if it were not for food at school.

Next is the police procedures that many do not understand, and of course, no one will talk about.

Regular patrol police officers have no training or equipment to storm an active shooter where the shooter is heavily armed. The protocol is for the police to secure the perimeter, and wait till SWAT arrives. Without knowing how many active shooters are involved, the police could be walking into a trap. Those police officers have the right to go home to their children and wives.

Security guards and Deputy Sherriffs working in school systems have one heck of a job since Black Lives Matter created the Defund the Police movement, hate America, and hate the cops. Now, police have their budgets slashed, thus less training and longer response time for situations like this horrible school shooting.

Red Flag laws will have open access to your medical records. If your spouse dies, and you have one single prescription for Zanex, you could have your guns taken away 5 years later due to a diagnosis of depression.

The question that I have is that if a couple of the local police charged in to rescue the kids, and shoot the bad guy, would they have been in trouble for breaking procedure?

People talk about school security, I say that every patrol car should have a shotgun, and an AR with 200 rounds of ammo, body armor for the patrolman. These guys have the Heart of a Lion, but they need the tools to do this impossible job.

Better watch those knee-jerk reactions. Support your local police, and get involved with the local School Board. Ex-military and retired police could volunteer as security at local schools, where politically correct. Heckling of Security in High Schools here in my area is just beyond belief!

I hate talking political issues on this great site!

I fail to understand why a county with maybe 21k population needs a seperate police force for just the school district. I think the agency had four officers including the school police chief. That seems to be a problem there. If they have a city PD then they could of hired the needed SRO's. Or the county SD.

The reason is simple- not trusting in god and Jesus, decline of society as a whole, destruction of of family structure.

None of these shooting are directly the governments fault but government supporting the removal of religion and morals from education is a big part.

Media constants blitz of these shooting praying on peoples worse day creates the next one. Media takes no responsibility of their actions. When mentality disturb people see one of these wackos get their minute of fame it puts it in their head to do the same. Instant media has been one of the driving forces for our society declining as a whole
Did you mean "preying"?
Not criticizing your spelling, maybe clarifying your statement