Mark 5HD Scopes for hunting

Food for thought. Before decide on illumination be aware of where you hunt because not all states are legal to hunting with one. Idaho for example, it is illegal to hunt with illuminated scope so make sure you don't have a battery in it if you do.
Did Idaho change something since IF&G made the statement below?

Fish and Game rules prohibit the use a firearm "with any electronic device attached to, or incorporated on, the firearm or scope; except scopes containing battery powered or tritium lighted reticles are allowed." Therefore, laser rangefinding rifle scopes attached to a rifle would be illegal to use for big game hunting

FYI - Mark V only available in FFP except for 7-35. The VX-5 HD has SFP options and is a good though not as robust scope.

Did Idaho change something since IF&G made the statement below?

Fish and Game rules prohibit the use a firearm "with any electronic device attached to, or incorporated on, the firearm or scope; except scopes containing battery powered or tritium lighted reticles are allowed." Therefore, laser rangefinding rifle scopes attached to a rifle would be illegal to use for big game hunting
As I read that it appears lighted reticles are fine. Battery powered laser range finding scopes are illegal. Ie, Burris Eliminator and the similar others that are out there.

Been looking at purchasing a Mark 5 scope, probably the 3.6-18x44, for a lighter-ish hunting set up. For those of you with a Mark 5, did you go illuminated reticle or not? Is it necessary? Also which reticle did you go with and would you recommend that reticle to others as well?

Thanks for any input!
Do not get an illuminated reticle mark 5!! I did and traded it. The reticle is way to bold

Been looking at purchasing a Mark 5 scope, probably the 3.6-18x44, for a lighter-ish hunting set up. For those of you with a Mark 5, did you go illuminated reticle or not? Is it necessary? Also which reticle did you go with and would you recommend that reticle to others as well?

Thanks for any input!
Awesome scope. First year running it. I went 3-18 which is plenty, and non illuminated. Haven't hunted with it yet but I'm sure it'll stay on my rifle after shooting it a few time.

Do not get an illuminated reticle mark 5!! I did and traded it. The reticle is way to bold
That's subjective. For target shooting agreed. For hunting I feel the illuminated reticle is better with its bolder reticle. I am lucky to be able to put the reticle on game, primarily mule deer, out my garage window out to 1400 yards. The bolder center dot of my illuminated MK5 in comparison to my non illuminated MK5 TMR reticle stands out much better on game out to extremely long range. I will say that I can shoot better groups on paper out to 500 yards with my non illuminated model's finer reticle.

Can't go wrong with your choice of scope or power range. 26oz, 7oz heavier than their VX6HD 3-18x44 at 19oz. And rock solid turrets.
All are illuminated.

That's subjective. For target shooting agreed. For hunting I feel the illuminated reticle is better with its bolder reticle. I am lucky to be able to put the reticle on game, primarily mule deer, out my garage window out to 1400 yards. The bolder center dot of my illuminated MK5 in comparison to my non illuminated MK5 TMR reticle stands out much better on game out to extremely long range. I will say that I can shoot better groups on paper out to 500 yards with my non illuminated model's finer reticle.
Yeah for me there's absolutely no comparison at 100 yards and at 1000 yards on steel or game. I feel it's more of an ar scope. It still works but the center dot is just so closed in and crowded that it just didn't work for me. I was still able to shoot very good groups even at 1k but feel I had to really work harder and strain to do it.

Yes it's subjective but he's asking for peoples personal experience with both and this is my experience and the experience of many buddies that have also shot both scopes

This is the prm-moa reticle. Can't compare the other reticles as I haven't cross examined them.