March F 3-24X52 initial impressions and video.

Huntnful

Got my March F 3-24X52 in and mounted it in my 6.5 PRC. I know there is a lot of commotion about the "eye box" and the touchy parallax. I set the eye relief up while the scope was at 24X, as well as the focus, to take out any extra play. Once I had it set the right distance from my eye, anything from 3-20 power was a piece of cake to get a crisp image. Prone, freehand and kneeling. No issues at all. Above 20, it is more picky. But I feel it's blown way out of proportion, much like the NX8 eye box is. The parallax though… it's legit. It is a small range of motion to cover from 100 yards and further. But it's VERY EASY to get a crisp image and adjust out the parallax. It just isn't a huge range of motion. I also found that if I set it just below infinite, at about 10 power and below you hardly have to touch it between 100 & 500 yards. So basically any fast happening scenario, you really wouldn't have to touch it as long as you're not cranked to max power. Of course, if you want to run max power, you'll have to make adjustments for the image. But it's easy IMO. I used .87 seekins rings, and while the scope fit great, the front scope cap didn't have much clearance. So I sanded it down. So far, I think I'll like it. The center dot bigger than most reticles. Won't be an issue for a 700 yard hunting rifle though IMO.

998B91CF-54B8-443D-9E75-90E241B8927F.jpeg

3268D9B4-5F8A-4B1B-878B-84C741541E2A.jpeg

Looks like your set for getting it dialed in. Let us know your update after using in the field. It definitely looks the part.
I'll definitely be shooting it ASAP. I know the gun is a tack driver, so it'll just be a matter of sighting it in and stretching it out to verify tracking, RTZ and comparing ballistics from my old scope.

Had to go test out the scope. I hate having a rifle in the safe that isn't sighted in haha. Pretty bada$$ little scope. The center dot is larger than I would like. But honestly, it's a 5-700 yard backup hunting rifle and that dot probably causes more good than harm at those ranges haha. From 3-20 power, it's an amazing optic to get behind. Above 20, it is more finicky, no doubt about it. But definitely still usable. I shot the 500 yard group on 20X. Just had to adjust the BC of the bullet a little to bring my impacts down, and in 6 total shots I already have a 500 yard killing rifle. Not bad lol. I love the small parallax throw also. I have no issues with that feature. A little breezy at 500 yards. But almost no vertical, so I'll take that all day 🤙🏼🤙🏼 . I also sight in slightly left on purpose for spin drift haha.

A0022E30-A500-411D-98F2-B55D69EA3808.jpeg

7CDE7CAD-2376-49D9-B009-2E21B5AE0284.jpeg

I would like to point out that you have a $5k rifle/scope combo that's a back up rifle…lolz.
Hahaha we all have our own issues 😅 . But I wanted a short barrel truck gun for coyotes, that was also capable of killing a buck at 500 yards if need be. I was killing coyotes with a 26" 28 Nosler last year haha.

Got my March F 3-24X52 in and mounted it in my 6.5 PRC. I know there is a lot of commotion about the "eye box" and the touchy parallax. I set the eye relief up while the scope was at 24X, as well as the focus, to take out any extra play. Once I had it set the right distance from my eye, anything from 3-20 power was a piece of cake to get a crisp image. Prone, freehand and kneeling. No issues at all. Above 20, it is more picky. But I feel it's blown way out of proportion, much like the NX8 eye box is. The parallax though… it's legit. It is a small range of motion to cover from 100 yards and further. But it's VERY EASY to get a crisp image and adjust out the parallax. It just isn't a huge range of motion. I also found that if I set it just below infinite, at about 10 power and below you hardly have to touch it between 100 & 500 yards. So basically any fast happening scenario, you really wouldn't have to touch it as long as you're not cranked to max power. Of course, if you want to run max power, you'll have to make adjustments for the image. But it's easy IMO. I used .87 seekins rings, and while the scope fit great, the front scope cap didn't have much clearance. So I sanded it down. So far, I think I'll like it. The center dot bigger than most reticles. Won't be an issue for a 700 yard hunting rifle though IMO.

View attachment 354681
View attachment 354682

I have the same scope on my 6.5 SAUM and I love it.

I have the same scope on my 6.5 SAUM and I love it.
Nice!! Despite it having a 52mm objective, feels very compact on the rifle. I was torn between the 42 & 52 objectives, but I don't feel the 52mm is too big on this little short barreled rifle at all. And I always like brighter, more forgiving optics.

I feel like a orphan step child on this forum, I'm stuck bottom feeding with leupold optics and factory rifles. There are some deep pockets here.
Nothing wrong with that dude!! This is basically all I spend money on. I have a 12 year old car and a 12 year old truck. And 2 rifles that are worth more than both of them 😅😅😅

There are some with very deep pockets and some that just prioritize toward their rifles and components. I'm recently retired and living comfortably but far from one with very deep pockets. I used to buy new cars, trucks, boats, and motorcycles on a frequent basis. Now I've stopped doing the racing and world traveling thing. There is absolutely nothing wrong with my old Leupolds or some of my factory rifles. Sometimes you just want to change it up and try something from or close to the top shelf. I just hope my 2009 truck lasts for another 10 years.