March 3-24x52

This happened with my 2.5-25x52 and the reason I got rid of it. I live in nw Oregon where There is a lot of rain. Other than that, one of my favorite scopes. Also found a solution for it, so I'll be buying one again. Get some stuff called nano slic

I've got a march 2.5-25x42 and I don't see how the eye box is finicky or the parallax is touchy, set it up right and it all works just like any other scope

You might want to send that in to get checked. That is not normal.
It was only once that it happened while hunting, was slightly above freezing and drizzling, eyepiece fogged up on the exterior and my lens cloth was saturated so was useless.... was still usable, killed a deer at 300 yards, just had to power down, but it wasn't like the old rainguard bushnell scope I had....

Orch

I have a couple of each. I like the NX8 better for competition style shooting, but I like the March better for hunting. Both are great scopes, but there are some differences in reticles and feel. Both have very good glass; I would say the March is better edge to edge but the NX8 is a little brighter. March has a better zero stop and lower profile turrets. The NX8 is a NF scope that isn't oversized and doesn't weigh a ton.

I have a friend with one and it is every bit as good as my Kahles 3-18 as far as clarity and has a ton of adjustment. I don't think you can go wrong with one
I also cannot recommend a better scope than the March. Wonderful clarity, tough as a rock, and good in very low light. I mounted mine on a 20 moa rail and have plenty of elevation out to a mile. Have not shot beyond that yet!
Several reticle options too, I like the MOA with crosshairs, MOA ticks for elevation and wind adjustments with a very small footprint "dot" as your aim point!

Looking to pick up a scope for a build. Was thinking of doing another NX8 4-32 FFP but have been looking at the March 3-24. I don't use the NX8 over 24-26x really and have read good things about the March's. Looks like one can be had for 10% off over the next couple days making the difference between the two only $200 (non illuminated March). I've searched other threads on here and I know there are lots of opinions. I'm mostly looking for maybe pros vs cons, if any between the two. Not sure if this is just a Ford vs Chevy thing or not. The build is a 338LM Improved and rifle should be around 8-9 lbs so the weight difference isn't really a big deal.
I have the 3-24×52 March on a custom 6.5 SAUM and I really like it. I personally think the glass on the March Optics are a little better than any of my Nightforce and I like the lighter weight of the March scopes.

I have the 3-24×52 March on a custom 6.5 SAUM and I really like it. I personally think the glass on the March Optics are a little better than any of my Nightforce and I like the lighter weight of the March scopes.
When you say any of your night force? Are you even referring to ATACR?

When you say any of your night force? Are you even referring to ATACR?
Yes I have 2 ATACR the 7-35 and 5-25. I also own two NXS but I dont put that glass in the same category. Im not saying the Nightforce are bad or I wouldn't own 4 of them I'm only saying that to my eyes the 3 March that I own have a slight optical advantage.

It was only once that it happened while hunting, was slightly above freezing and drizzling, eyepiece fogged up on the exterior and my lens cloth was saturated so was useless.... was still usable, killed a deer at 300 yards, just had to power down, but it wasn't like the old rainguard bushnell scope I had....

Orch
That is not scope fogging as most people understand it.

When you say a scope is fogging up, most people think that it is fogging internally. That is bad and demonstrates a failure to properly seal the scope.

What you have is condensation on the objective lens. When hunting in the rain I either put a scope cover on, or hold my rifle differently to prevent lens wetness.

My March 3-24x52 is light and nice for hunting.But as Lance mentioned my eyebox is picky and so is parallax,fine focus past 18x. At dusk it doesnt compare to my Mark 5. Out my back door at 500 = fence line timber I can see the barbs, not with March. And i use it to long range look at trophy caliber and its lacking to copared to Mark 5,really fight the focus.Paid much more also,but keep it on rifle for weight,ZS,low profile turrets

That is not scope fogging as most people understand it.

When you say a scope is fogging up, most people think that it is fogging internally. That is bad and demonstrates a failure to properly seal the scope.

What you have is condensation on the objective lens. When hunting in the rain I either put a scope cover on, or hold my rifle differently to prevent lens wetness.
Sorry yah should have explained it better, yah it seems prone to condensation on the exterior of the lenses not on the interior of the scope...have had other scopes that I used in similar conditions, a Nikon, Bushnell, and Leupold that I can think of off the top of my head that don't suffer from it as bad... must be a coating thing...

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.