March FX 4.5-28X52 Initial Impressions & turret video.

Just got my March in the mail. Decided on the FX 4.5-28X52 with FML-LDK reticle. Non Illuminated. So far it seems like a well built scope. All the moveable parts, feel excellent to operate. Fit and finish are really nice as well. I don't even the have the gun it's going on yet, so no in the field reviews on glass ect. for a while. But I uploaded a video of the turrets and they are amazing.

View attachment 353046

I have several March scopes now and just got the 1.5-15×42 for a Desert Tech MDRX in 308. This is a very versatile compact scope and it is awesome. I thought about the 4.5-28 as well but didn't want FFP or a mil reticle.

I have been using a 2.5x25x52 for a about four years. It has seen some heavy use and has performed flawlessly. Turret/return to zero performance has been superb. I'd place the glass on par with the NF NSX. I consider it more of a 20X, where the reticle subtends, and clarity is very good. It is an MOA/SFP model , no reticle illumination. What it might lack in glass quality, it more then makes up for it in its ability to deal with low-sun glare. IMO, being a dusk/dawn deer hunter, it's one of the best in this respect. While some balk at the fast ratio/sensitive parallax control, I will say that when focused, it's parallax free….and very fast. I have grown to prefer it over the longer ratio designs. Given it's light weight and compact size, it's hard to beat in this class of scope. IMO

The only thing I don't like about my 4.5-28x52 is that I bought it 2 weeks before the 15% off for their anniversary was announced... The glass is great, turrets are great, the FOV is great, and so far the tracking has been great.

I know it is personal preference for most people, but is the illumination really something I should consider on the 2.5-25 March compact? I have preferred it on Firedot type reticle scopes for point and shoot scenarios while hunting. Never used it on reticles with sub tensions.

I know it is personal preference for most people, but is the illumination really something I should consider on the 2.5-25 March compact? I have preferred it on Firedot type reticle scopes for point and shoot scenarios while hunting. Never used it on reticles with sub tensions.
I have it on mine but have never used it.

I have only used my illuminated reticles with my FFP scopes at low power in low light. They can be easily lost in low light. I've not given illumination a thought with my SFP's.

I don't use illumination and always left my batteries out of my illuminated reticle scopes. So I was happy to have the option of non illuminated.

BTW - Huntnful and Greyfox - your avatar pics of those muleys are making me feel jealous. I would put a pic of some my deer, but that would subject me to ridicule.
Hahaha I've killed a decent amount of smaller ones too! No ridicule here! Hell, I just killed a big forky last year, and then killed the buck in my avatar a month later.

Thanks for cranking that turret, really sounds solid and precise, I hate mushy turrets with soft stops you can hardly feel. Nice Work.
You bet!! I feel the same way! I've used Mark 5, ATACR & NX8. These are easily the most crisp and firm. ATACR turrets are legit also though.

BTW - Huntnful and Greyfox - your avatar pics of those muleys are making me feel jealous. I would put a pic of some my deer, but that would subject me to ridicule.
LOL…No ridicule from me!! Mine have been all shapes and sizes!! Shot that guy years ago, in my early days of taking up serious long range hunting….But….I had him ranged, wind doped, and all lined up at a bit over 1000 yards. He was so big and majestic looking, and, not yet feeling all that confident with the long shots, I chickened out on the long shot, and crab-crawled on my belly in the short grass for what seemed like forever, eventually finding a good position, and made the shot at 250 yards. Shot a lot of mule deer since but none comparable to that guy…

LOL…No ridicule from me!! Mine have been all shapes and sizes!! Shot that guy years ago, in my early days of taking up serious long range hunting….But….I had him ranged, wind doped, and all lined up at a bit over 1000 yards. He was so big and majestic looking, and, not yet feeling all that confident with the long shots, I chickened out on the long shot, and crab-crawled on my belly in the short grass for what seemed like forever, eventually finding a good position, and made the shot at 250 yards. Shot a lot of mule deer since but none comparable to that guy…
That's too funny! I had my avatar buck bedded broadside across a canyon at 1000 yards. No wind at all. And I shoot 1000 yards often. I packed up my stuff and hiked to the next closer ridge and killed him in his bed at 300 yards. I like being able to shoot far, but I don't prefer it lol.