Maple 22 Nosler

WHOA!!! You made my dream stock!!! Flamed maple! I have a few guitars with flamed maple tops, it's my favorite grain pattern.

Man, if I had the cash, I'd have you make one for my custom 700 .25-06 AI varmint rifle! With the bead-blasted stainless, that light finish with the dark grains would look awesome.

WHOA!!! You made my dream stock!!! Flamed maple! I have a few guitars with flamed maple tops, it's my favorite grain pattern.

Man, if I had the cash, I'd have you make one for my custom 700 .25-06 AI varmint rifle! With the bead-blasted stainless, that light finish with the dark grains would look awesome.

It's only money Mud....

Joe, could you put a push feed model 70 300 wsm in a stock like this? I'd need the barrel reated too.

Yes, I can do that for you.

Would you ever shoot it though? I think it would be in a display case for me lol. Super pretty stock.

Would you ever shoot it though? I think it would be in a display case for me lol. Super pretty stock.
I don't own anything that's "show-only" where you're afraid to even take it out of its hermetically sealed container. I'm not one of those old rich guys that has 130 year old Africa dangerous game stopping rifles worth half a million dollars. All my stuff is function over form. Everything I have gets used.

Now, i'm not going to say I wouldn't expel a massive string of 4-letter words every time I found a new dent or ding or scratch on it. But, yes, the rifle would definitely get shot.

All my stuff is synthetic, simply because I fear how lousy I would feel if I dented such a piece of art.

All my stuff is synthetic, simply because I fear how lousy I would feel if I dented such a piece of art.
I'm the same way but if I ever win the lotto I'm going to have Joe build me one from the ground up on a Mod 70, or M1999 action.

With the classy and classic work he does I'd probably even dig up a pre 64 model action just to have the whole package.

Is that hand texturing on the stock or did you use a laser? I ask because it's so uniform!

9781E9F9-1A3C-4420-B64C-4AE1564A9FD5.jpeg
43F593B6-4CC6-46B9-AD65-C5EAE5FF43CB.jpeg
Is that hand texturing on the stock or did you use a laser? I ask because it's so uniform!

I hand stipple the stocks. I start by freehanding the border with checkering tools, then I fill in by hand.
Here's two others .

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.