22 inch 28 nosler info?

208STLHD

I'm looking at buying a Christensen Mesa fft. I have 180 vlds already and retumbo rl33 and n568 on hand. Any info out there in a 22 inch tube I'm a little worried it's to short

22 inches for the 97 grain capacity of this case is asking a lot of almost all powder/bullet combinations. Are you planning on using a suppressor? That will help some. If not...

H-1000 will be the best powder for your combination given SAMMI OAL. It is a cooler burning powder (good for the throat) and it should all burn in the 22" at the higher pressures.

VVN-568 is close but probably won't all burn in the 22" barrel length.

Good Luck with the search!

:)

I'm looking at buying a Christensen Mesa fft. I have 180 vlds already and retumbo rl33 and n568 on hand. Any info out there in a 22 inch tube I'm a little worried it's to short
How far are you planning on shooting this rifle? That a really big hotrod cartridge for that particular rifle platform

Are you planning on carrying that thing in your hip pocket? If the length is bothersome consider different carry options or possibly a different cartridge. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

I'm just interested in that rifle. I'd rather have a 26 and will probably go with the standard Mesa. Was just looking for real world numbers with a 180 out of a 22

I cant speak for the 180's, however I can personally attest that the 195's will run in the 2920 range out of a 22" bbl. Note: Not a saami throat.

They guys at unknown munitions talk about a 18 or 20 inch 300 RUM they use, and apparently it's a hammer. I think you'll be just fine, probably 100-125 fps slower than a 26 inch barrel, you're still gonna drive those 180s plenty fast! I'd say do it.

They guys at unknown munitions talk about a 18 or 20 inch 300 RUM they use, and apparently it's a hammer. I think you'll be just fine, probably 100-125 fps slower than a 26 inch barrel, you're still gonna drive those 180s plenty fast! I'd say do it.
I've got a 22" inch 300 RUM. 215 grain Berger hybrid 3050fps

I'm pretty sure he did their +p service to that rum. I'm not interested in doing that and voiding a warranty. Still should burn all the powder I think though in 22 inches. He's burning more powder in less barrel.

Get ready for some muzzle blast unless you plan on a suppressor. Recoil is is not bad with a brake, but it does have quite the bark. As others have mentioned, probably best powder selection for moderate loads will be H1000 or Retumbo. I run about 80gr. Retumbo behind a 180 hybrid in a 24" - it is very impressive, ballistically speaking.