28 Nosler

I'm not trying to be a wise---- by asking you but why on earth would you spend all that money on a rifle as well as the time and effort involved in working up a load, to only get 800 rounds out of the barrel.

Unless you plan on shooting 20 rounds a year, it just doesn't make sense to me.

Why do you guys do it?

Surely, you don't think that is the only rifle I own? I have one or more rifles for every specific purpose I engage in. The 7RUM, is a rifle for very specific use, and I have only actually hunted with it, about 5 times, in 10 years or more. But, when I take a rifle hunting, it have to shoot less than 1" at 100 yards, or I am not comfortable with it, at all. I shoot all my hogs and doe in the head, and I must have a solid accurate rifle to do that. I also only use the 7RUM, in longer ranges. Mostly, I use my 7mm08.

Surely, you don't think that is the only rifle I own? I have one or more rifles for every specific purpose I engage in. The 7RUM, is a rifle for very specific use, and I have only actually hunted with it, about 5 times, in 10 years or more. But, when I take a rifle hunting, it have to shoot less than 1" at 100 yards, or I am not comfortable with it, at all. I shoot all my hogs and doe in the head, and I must have a solid accurate rifle to do that. I also only use the 7RUM, in longer ranges. Mostly, I use my 7mm08.

I shouldn't have assumed that it was your only rifle...I guess that I did so because I only own one big game rifle...see post #14.

I have a 204 for PD's, a 17HMR, and a few AR"s but only one big game bolt gun

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.