Manners Stock

Trm82

So I have heard so many great things about the Manners stocks and have never held one till I ordered one online. I will add that I live in Canada and paid $966 cdn for this stock.
So it showed up the other day and I am not all that pleased with the stock.
I have owned Mcmillan stocks and a few B & C and the Manners does not compare to either of them in my opinion. I have heard that the Manners are stiff and rigid stocks but on the cheek piece of this one I have I can push it in with my finger and you can here the carbon fiber snapping or the fill inside crushing . This really does not seem like it is worth what I paid for it . Here is a Pic of the stock that I have. I cant make up my mind if I should spend the money at a gunsmith to have it bedded or just return it . The Cheap Remington stock is stiffer than this stock. Does any body else have one similar to this one I have ? And if so is soft on the butt end like the one I have ?

Attachments

• IMG_2979.PNG
    IMG_2979.PNG
    21.3 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_2980.PNG
    IMG_2980.PNG
    22.6 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_2984.jpg
    IMG_2984.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 130
You should not be able to push on the stock and Crack it. I would be on the phone to manners asap. Let us know how it turns out.

So I have heard so many great things about the Manners stocks and have never held one till I ordered one online. I will add that I live in Canada and paid $966 cdn for this stock.
I have owned Mcmillan stocks and a few B & C and the Manners does not compare to either of them in my opinion. I have heard that the Manners are stiff and rigid stocks but on the cheek piece of this one I have I can push it in with my finger and you can here the carbon fiber snapping or the fill inside crushing . This really does not seem like it is worth what I paid for it . Here is a Pic of the stock that I have. I cant make up my mind if I should spend the money at a gunsmith to have it bedded or just return it . The Cheap Remington stock is stiffer than this stock. Does any body else have one similar to this one I have ? And if so is soft on the butt end like the one I have ?

Is that an MC3?

Trm82,

Generally speaking, it is best form to contact the manufacturer before getting online to complain about a product.

Tom Manners has THE BEST customer service of any manufacturer in the firearms industry. He will make sure that the problems are addressed and a solution found.

I'm sure that the phones will be super busy after a long holiday weekend and that the e-mails will be flooded as well. But that's to be expected. Call or send an e-mail to Tom's attentions and he WILL get back to you. BE PATIENT. It could take a little while due to the volume of calls and e-mails.

Regards.

Hi trm82, it looks like you have a 100% eh series carbon fiber stock. The stocks are made with 4 layers of carbon fiber and epoxy resins. The butts are filled with a light weight material and the forends with a heavier epoxy fill material. You should not be able to push on it and get flex with you finger unless it has taken a hit or something has happened in shipping. I noticed you are Canada, which distributor did you go through? I'll send you a PM, for your contact information. We will get you squared away ASAP. Every thing we sell has a 100% lifetime warranty no matter what. Thank you very much,

Hi trm82, it looks like you have a 100% eh series carbon fiber stock. The stocks are made with 4 layers of carbon fiber and epoxy resins. The butts are filled with a light weight material and the forends with a heavier epoxy fill material. You should not be able to push on it and get flex with you finger unless it has taken a hit or something has happened in shipping. I noticed you are Canada, which distributor did you go through? I'll send you a PM, for your contact information. We will get you squared away ASAP. Every thing we sell has a 100% lifetime warranty no matter what. Thank you very much,

There is your CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

I am impressed. That is how it is done.

Steve

Its a proven fact that you get what you pay for! TOP NOTCH!

Great customer service from Tom Manners is an understatement, he has been in touch with me already and He already has a new stock almost finished to swap with the one I have . I have never experienced customer service like that before. There is a lot of businesses that could learn a few things from Tom Manners.

Glad to hear you are being taken care of. I love my Manner's stocks and can't see myself using anything else for my customs.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.