Manners stock/Weight

Cheyenne 1

I just picked up my Manners stock today. Very impressed with the fit finish and color.
Stock is an EH1 midnight camo. All looks good, I bought the stock as I am building a light weight gun. The stock weighs exactly 3 pounds.
Advertised weight on stockys is 1.6 pounds. Manners says 28 ounces (1.75 ppounds).
I know this is not a lot extra weight. Its just that I was thinking I was buyng a light weight stock.
I sold my HS precision stock and bought this one which was supposed to be lighter, and it is actually heavier?

Is manners that far out in there weight estimates??

Did you get an adjustable option or add a chasis? Call Manners and see what they say. I just bought a T5-A and it weighs 4.2 pounds. Let us know what you find out because I had wanted to build a lightweight gun off one of their elite stocks as well.

Call Manners. I bought an EH-1 for a buddies build and it was right where they said it would be, same as the other stocks I've bought from them

It is non adjustable. It is the regular EH-1 only option is 3 sling swivels. It does not have a chassis or anything else.
I found it on there website as a ready to ship stock, it had the the right barrel channel,action, color and everything. I thought it would be a nice optoin to shave a little weight off the gun now I am not sure what to do.

Not wanting to waite 6 or 8 months for another stock This was the last part I was waiting for and wanted to test fit it all before I sent the barrel to get chambered.

I would double check your scale just to make sure you don't call and complain and have it be something silly like your scale being off. Once you double check it is in fact 3 pounds call Manners and they'll take care of you. Maybe they accidentally shipped you a T2 stock instead. Have you checked all linear dimensions to see if they match the EH1?

The EH1 is available in a lightweight version and a standard fill version. Sounds like you got a standard fill.

From the Manners Website.........

On a side note, this stock will cross over to our tactical side, and be offered with a standard shell/weight and be available in molded in colors/camo.

Double checked my scales which is a digital one I use for weighing freon tanks and is accurate down to 1/4 of an ounce.
They do make them with standard fill which is $74.00 deduct in the price. My invoice doesnt show this (and I paid the full price) so I think it should be the light weight one.

I will send an email today and give them a call tomorrow and see what they say. I am sure they made a mistake and will take care of it. It could have been listed or tagged wrong in there warehouse. Or I didn't read carefully enough and ask enough questions before I ordered it.

I was more wondering if in everyones experience with manners stocks if their weights listed were accurate?

Thanks

Just a quick update, I called manners and there was a mix up on the stock. I bought a stock off the website and it was supposed to be a light weight fill. It was actually a regular fill instead.

When I called they figured out what happened. And offered to do what ever they could to make it right. A refund, or find a stock they had ready to go, they offered to modify or paint any stock they had.
I said I really just wanted a stock like I had except the lightweight. They said that they would get one ready for me right away.

Customer service at manners is top notch. Very friendly and helpful. I would recommend them to anyone.

That's my experience also, Christie and Heidi have been great on the 3-4 stocks I've ordered in the last year. Only one had an issue and they asked me to send it back. After looking at it they got another one ready and shipped out pretty quick. Good people at Manners

I'm glad they took care of you. You'll have a top notch stock when it arrives. I always get excited when I get my hands on a new Manners.

Did you honestly take the time to post here before actually calling Manners????

Not surprised they took care of you. They've been great with myself and the guys I've know that have had to deal with them as well. It simply cracks me up how many guys post about a problem they have with a product before ever calling the actual manufacturer to ask them instead of asking strangers on the internet. :rolleyes:

Did you honestly take the time to post here before actually calling Manners????

Not surprised they took care of you. They've been great with myself and the guys I've know that have had to deal with them as well. It simply cracks me up how many guys post about a problem they have with a product before ever calling the actual manufacturer to ask them instead of asking strangers on the internet.

YEAH I actually did. Question was if there weights were actually what were advertised?? Nothing more. I didn't post a problem or say anything negative.
I asked a question about how accurate thier weights were and that was it. I sent an email to Manners and they never replied!!!!!!!!!!
I guess they may have been closed over the holidays not sure. Maybe you know.

SO yeah I did take the time to call Manners and I couldn't get through to them and I never got a reply to my email.

So I asked the question here as this was the first Manners stock I had purchased and I didnt know how accurate there weights were! As Manner never got back to me.

When I did finally get a hold of them I got my answer and I posted the results.

Anything else???????

So the answer to your question. I did not post here before called Manners.

THEY NEVER REPLIED TO MY EMAIL!!!!!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts