looking to get a Muzzle Break

When was that? Obviously not recently. The new 4 port brakes will be threaded and OD turned on a CNC turning center before milling. Before that the run out has been very low on the 4 and 5 port brakes for the last year plus. If you knew how they were done you'd understand why.

Giving opinion on something you haven't tried recently isn't worth giving unless stated as such. Ross is Ross, he'll keep doing things the same old way.

So there is no mistake THIS IS MY OPINION BASED ON LOTS OF INSTALLS AND TEST.

There are many muzzle brakes available to us now and price "Does" make a difference.

Many brakes are cast and not very precise. Many are machined by hand and not very consistent brake to brake. Many are also threaded using a tap and this causes several problems, Misalignment to the bore and tapered threads (Due to the normal wear of the tap).

Lastly; lots of the cheaper brakes are made in china (Lots of the tactical stuff) and quality is out the window.

A poor quality brake can cause lots of problems that will cost the owner more money and accuracy than if they had installed a well designed and built brake in the first place. there are at least a dozen
high quality, well performing muzzle brakes that are available.

I have removed many Of these poor quality and poorly installed brakes that have rendered the rifle useless and recommend that anyone looking to purchase a brake do some research and be aware that cheep is not good in this sport. (Pricy does not automatically make it better, just better odds of getting better quality) also a poorly built brake can cause the Gunsmith to spend more time correcting/truing it driving the price up. So you save nothing buying a cheep/poor quality brake.

One more comment; Homemade brakes can be very good ,or very bad so be careful when you buy one that It is installed correctly and well designed. There is a lot more to a good brake than just a bunch of holes or slots in a piece of steel that look good.

Again, This is an opinion, as all the post on this site are and it is up to the reader to decide for himself there validity.

J E CUSTOM

A couple more points to consider is bigger is not always better as well, Ive tried our big 4 port on smaller cals and was disappointed to say the least. The mini blew them outa the water on the 6.5 creed. Also the blast baffle (#1 slot from the crown) really need to have a chamfer on it or the continued blast will roll the edge and you will loose accuracy due to the gas not exiting uniformly. If you want a break that is top ported there are a couple things to consider, again more is not always better as they can cause muzzle drop on firing. Thats why we only have one top port on our breaks, and the linear holes (running with the bore) are used to tame the "shudder" you feel on really efficient breaks.
Happy shooting!
Chris
Benchmark Barrels

I do have the Muscle brakes on sale from now until the end of may. They are 10 dollars off. They are all cnc'd including the threads. The one that would work for your A7 is 70 bucks. I also have a really quick turnaround time on installations. 7 days or less. I do the brake installations on the weekends and rifles during the week. If I get the barreled action on Friday it goes out that Monday.

Ryan Pierce
Piercision Rifles
www.piercisionrifles.com
563-586-2000

Ryan's brakes are as efficient as they are economical. They have been my go to brake for a few years now. In fact I will be buying a couple more right now.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.