Prototype Muzzle break

Told yah! :D

That's hard to watch more than once.

I also noticed in addition to abuse of a fine rifle he did not run a patch through the barrel
to make sure there was nothing in the barrel. (Blowing through it would not clear it if it had dirt or heaven forbid an obstruction.

You can imagine what the fifty would do (The reason we shot it on the ground).

J E CUSTOM

That's hard to watch more than once.

I also noticed in addition to abuse of a fine rifle he did not run a patch through the barrel
to make sure there was nothing in the barrel. (Blowing through it would not clear it if it had dirt or heaven forbid an obstruction.

You can imagine what the fifty would do (The reason we shot it on the ground).

J E CUSTOM

I hear ya! Here's Jered's "no abuse" follow on video ...

Last edited by a moderator:
JE, first I seen this post, if you want to pick my brain about some things I learned in the last few years about brakes and reducing the concussion effect to the person pulling the trigger, give me a call at the shop. I see a couple of things that may help you in your goal.

JE, first I seen this post, if you want to pick my brain about some things I learned in the last few years about brakes and reducing the concussion effect to the person pulling the trigger, give me a call at the shop. I see a couple of things that may help you in your goal.

Thanks. I will take you up on the offer . I am always open to suggestions and experience.

J E CUSTOM

Some more test of a top ported brake to show the effects.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UOJzcLxGKc].300 Win Mag Ported Brake Test - YouTube[/ame]

WOW, it sure moved that barrel quite a bit down compared with no top holes.
I know years ago I tig'd up the top holes on a brake because it would force the muzzle down so severly on a 22-250AI that I could never see the red mist. Never thought how much it was torqueing the barrel.

WOW, it sure moved that barrel quite a bit down compared with no top holes.
I know years ago I tig'd up the top holes on a brake because it would force the muzzle down so severly on a 22-250AI that I could never see the red mist. Never thought how much it was torqueing the barrel.

I to was very surprised with the magnitude of the barrel flexing when the test was completed and
shone in slow motion .

I am editing other videos of test that will be posted soon and some of them are eye openers also.

I have ran test for= muzzle control, muzzle signature/flash, DB (Sound levels) shock wave/pressure
wave and its relationship to the shooter, and of course recoil reduction percentages.

Hopefully this will aid in picking the right muzzle for a persons needs and wants.

Stay tuned More to come.

J E CUSTOM

Update.

Thanks to the good advice of Hired Gun ,Bruce Ventura and others, It looks like my patent
is going through. I decided to go with the concept of using progressive ports and also being able to tune the brake for specific cartridges instead of just a design patent, So if a dimensional change is made by someone it will be in violation of my patent. (Years ago a man named Allen did the same thing for the concept of using wheels and pulleys to improve the performance of the long bow, And for many years all compound bow manufactures had to pay him a royalty).

I have also gone for the trade mark registration and it looks good.

I feel for Darrel Holland and his fine brake for being copied.

Thanks for all the help. (Now all I have to do is sell a bunch of my brakes to pay for the patent).

J E CUSTOM

Congrats Jerry! I am sure it will be a big success. If i do rebarrel my 338 Lapua i will order a brake from you. I would like to see the video on muzzle brakes with the tops ports, if you dont want to post it here, maybe you could email it to me?

Congrats Jerry! I am sure it will be a big success. If i do re barrel my 338 Lapua i will order a brake from you. I would like to see the video on muzzle brakes with the tops ports, if you dont want to post it here, maybe you could email it to me?

Thanks very much.

I have had many questions regarding why I chose to do away with the top ports.

I have videos of other rifles with the top ports and have been hesitant to post and start a war
so I poster one with a (No Name Brake) and will let people make there own choice and try not to influence anyone.

To see this one video go to post #49 of this thread and you can watch it.

Also we are within a week of posting a video of larger cartridges (several 300 RUMs a 338 RCM and a 450 bushmaster with other brakes and the Assassin brake. these will include some top ported brakes also)

Thanks again

J E CUSTOM

I think you are smart not including multiple ports on the top, I know first hand what too "many" holes do and I never imagined, until your video, what huge harmonic change they induced into the barrel. Maybe a couple of small ones might work but I would have to see a video before trying. I'm sure you already have that answer:)
Hope everything goes well with your patent and break sales.

WTG Jerry ... congrats!

Ed

Attachments

• thumbs-up-sign-thumb8413541_zps85645168.jpg
    thumbs-up-sign-thumb8413541_zps85645168.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 80
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.