Looking for powder thrower + scale

Good Morning, my RCBS Chargemaster 1500 bit the dust this weekend and I'm in the market for something new.

I don't want to spend more than about $500 all in.

I was looking at the newer, updated version of what I already have - the RCBS Chargemaster Supreme. Does anyone have any experience with it?

Open to other recommendations as well!

Thanks for your help
My Hornady works well and is accurate. I also use a Harrels powder measure, throw a light charge and trickle up. I have checked my Hornady dispenser with my beam scales quite a fwe times and it is accurate.

My Hornady works well and is accurate. I also use a Harrels powder measure, throw a light charge and trickle up. I have checked my Hornady dispenser with my beam scales quite a fwe times and it is accurate.
That's what my brother used.He worked with guys that used to compete and they all had the latest and greatest but had to admit that they too had a Hornady dispenser as a backup.

I have a charge master supreme and have the straw over the dispenser tube not in and it helps but it still drifts higher. There is a way to reset the machine but I haven't tried it. I use another scale to re measure and it is about two to four kernels off. Just enough to make a difference.
I know you probably did it , but for now set it a few gr lower, you can get a reset manual on line or give them a call, very helpful, Good luck

A strain gage scale without most of the problems of a strain gage scale due to programming.

You will have 0 drift if you put the pan on it and let the scale go to 0 between weighings.
My experience you need to zero with the pan on and remove it so you can see the negative tare weight. That is where you will see the drift. Most are programmed not to show a drift from zero but if you look at the negative tare you will see it. Also they tend to not trickle well because of this. Maybe this scale is different but every strain gauge I've seen is the same.

Have you used one? Looked like a total pita mechanical scale when I saw it on YouTube. Tons of setup and fiddling.

If money were no object….fx120i plus an autotrickler v4
I have not. Way out of my reach for me unless I win the powerball, LOL. I currently use The A&D FX 120i and V3 autotrickler. Bought it about 5 years ago when finances were way better for me, otherwise I would still be using my old beam scale.

Gonna call them tomorrow and see if there is any kind of trade in program for the V4, as I am having issues now.

According to top-top level shooters (Eric Cortina-Greg Dykstra and others) it is the best. The comment was "If money was not an issue" so that was my answer.

If I were to do it again I would look at the Creedmoor Sports TRX 925 and various other simple auto tricklers and saved enough money to buy another barrel! Or just the TRX 925 & my Harrel to throw the main charge and hand trickle.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

I'm loading a few rounds this morning so I checked a few pan off points of my TRX-925. The average and last entry being the same is not a typo. It's not a lot of samples but it seems to be stable enough.

-134.95​
-134.99​
-134.96​
-135.01​
-134.97​
-134.98​
Average:
-134.98​
ES:
SD:

Recent Posts