Looking for powder thrower + scale

cb4128

Good Morning, my RCBS Chargemaster 1500 bit the dust this weekend and I'm in the market for something new.

I don't want to spend more than about $500 all in.

I was looking at the newer, updated version of what I already have - the RCBS Chargemaster Supreme. Does anyone have any experience with it?

Open to other recommendations as well!

Thanks for your help

I have a ChargeMaster Supreme, and it works well. It very rarely dispenses under or over charges. I rarely need to wait for it to complete dispensing a rifle charge while I'm operating the press.

I need to test some more, but it doesn't seem to like to dispense small charges for pistol cartridges, if that matters.

TRX-925 plus a Little Dandy Trickler…..best money you can spend. 0.01gr resolution and accuracy. I really like mine! Use it all the time. I've caught myself measuring pistol to +/-0.01gr….then I'm like just a sec. +/- 0.1 is fine!
Love my TRX 925. Use it with a rcbs uniflow and a trickler. IMO it's faster than a chargemaster and way more accurate

Good Morning, my RCBS Chargemaster 1500 bit the dust this weekend and I'm in the market for something new.

I was looking at the newer, updated version of what I already have - the RCBS Chargemaster Supreme. Does anyone have any experience with it?

Thanks for your help
I have a Chargemaster 1500 I had a little problem with it once not working right (weight throws all over the place) I called RCBS they told me about a little trick and it worked great after that, I've never had another problem with it. Did you call RCBS? Just a thought. Cheers.

I am a skeptic about the straw trick in the chargemaster. i used one for about a year throwing benchrest rifle loads, but took it out to see if it made any difference. I did not notice a difference.

FWIW, I understand the scales on the common powder thrower/weigher combinations are made by the same company, so the difference between units is the design of the dispenser portion. At a gun show last weekend I saw a guy trying to sell what he claimed was an unused Lyman thrower/scale (don't remember the name of the unit) still in the box for $150.

If you like your Charge Master , you can keep your Charge Master, and unlike your Health Insurance, it's true. The cost of shipping these days makes it a little less appealing, but IIRC for around $200 including shipping this place rebuilt my Charge Master like new.

After burning up my CM1500 dumping a bunch of 235gr charges for 50BMG, about 2 years ago (yeah I got lazy and didn't dump a dipper full of powder to help it out to start). I called RCBS and they referred me to
https://lonemountaincommunications.com/ The turnaround was quick, the unit looked brand new, and seem to work better than I remembered. I bought a V4 Autotrickler at the same time, the lead time was so long and I needed a scale so I sent in my CM1500 for repair, as a stopgap measure. Both Powder dispensers sit next to each other over my bench. The CM1500 goes with me to the range me on load work up days, something the V4 has too many pieces-parts to do.

I've used an A&D scale for ~8 years now. I feed it with a Belding & Mull powder drop. The B&M is hard to find, but you could use a Harrells or RCBS powder drop.
I'll leave the A&D on for days, and zero drift.

Thanks for your help
Auto trickler v4 with a fx120 gets my vote
I have the v3. It hangs up just a little on really long stick powder. The v4 doesn't. It'll throw to the .02 grains in about 10 seconds

Thanks for your help
Just a Q, how long did you old RCBS last, I've had mine for years and still going, knock on wood. Check out the , the one I was checking out is RCBS ChargeMaster Link [/H1] at Mid south on sale $264.59