Powder Thrower

Thank you for all of the input, A friend told me about a Harrell's Precision powder thrower. Do any of you know about the quality of these?

I just bought one and it is precision all the way. It will measure 6 to 120grains.

You can look at the Harrell's at = Harrell's Precision Online Store

I also like my RCBS charge master electronic measure.

I would have to recomend ether one because of quality.

They both work very well but I still check every 10th load for accuracy with my beam scale
and they always seem to be dead on, but I still keep checking.

Also neither will rust.

J E CUSTOM

Harrel (culver) is all about repeatability and consistancy. From the bench, if you are reloading your next 5 rounds into your lathe turned cartridge case to fire through your tight necked receiver and you see from the grouping that your charge is a little warm or cold, you can "click" up or down by the sub 2/10th grain without a scale. If you switch guns and need your bench load for the powder/gun you are about to shoot, you look in your notebook (or on your laptop) and use the micrometer to dial in the new load. (Look Ma, no scales). Repeatability and Consistancy. I am now longer at the bench with arbor press and wilson dies. I no longer spend Sunday mornings at a friends machine shop turning my tight necks on his lathe. My culver was sold long ago, but, it was an education in consistancy and repeatability. I now use the Chargemaster and it is another education. Ease and Consistancy. my 2 cents. thanks rc

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.