WHAT ELECTRONIC POWDER THROWER?

.1 accuracy is probably good for what I do. I just think a push button method would encourage me to reload more often instead of use the hand weighting method. Don't compete just enjoy tiny little groups. Most of my loads are 300 Rum 338 rum, 300 wthrby 257 wthrby etc. retumbo, h1000 , rl26 H4831sc some exteriminator. No pistol yet! Can't justify anything over 500$. I do backup my digital with a beem scale every 10 rounds.
check out Ultimate Reloader, he has reviews on both RCBS Chargemaster and the Frankford Arsenal unit.

Not being judgmental, I like my electronic powder scale/dispenser. But any plug in electronic microprocessor device (powder scale computer, calculator etc), is subject to the quality of the electric power grid to which it is connected.
I use an old PACT system, powder dispenser and separate scale that communicate via electric eye, laser what ever it is. I've got two of those setups. The first one gave me trouble when the furnace kicked on, ( power fluctuation ). I added a battery backup / surge protector and the problem went away. So when I had my old house rewired/renewed, I used the PACT system without the battery backup. Worked fine, bought the second set. But the older the wiring job got, and the more power problems developed because new homes in the area, I would have error warnings from the PACT. Not as many, just enough to be annoying. So I went back to the battery backup. ERROR problems stopped. So I left it installed. Both PACTs work fine that way.
I still use an old 10-10 balance scale for backup to check and a Lyman Weight Scale Check Set. I also make sure all my scales are sitting level. Especially the platen on the electronic scales. I use a bulls eye level to check.

The faster the processor , the more susceptible it is to power surges !!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts