Looking for a new scale

I really like my Redding #2 powder/bullet scale. It's extremely sensitive and consistent. I also had a GemPro250 that didn't even last a year. MyWeigh doesn't make them anymore and I'm not really surprised....

I have a Dillon electronic scale that has to be close to 15 or so years old and is still going strong. Also have a Gempro 250, but rarely use it.

Had a few digitals over my short reloading time. Last one was a gem pro 250 I think it was. It failed on me out of the box. I've gone back to beams. I don't ever have to worry about lighting,battery repeatability ect.
I have a Lyman digital now. What I do to be efficient is get close to target on the digital then move the pan over to beams. To many times I see the Lyman off by .2 +/- . That can turn into .4 difference in the same load. It is just not repeatable and that's not acceptable for me. This is for rifle not pistol.

I use an RCBS chargemaster 1500 and weigh a second time in a Sartorius Entries 323-1.

The Sartorius I have never shut off ever since I bought it 4 or 5 years ago. Made to last a lifetime.

for those using BEAM scales...they are plus or minus .1 that is a .2 spread .
not acceptable in precision loading IMHO
cheap electronics are STEP function at .1 also...and you do not know when or where the step is so actually as bad as a beam.

A&D fx120i and add the autotrickler when budget allows. U won't regret it

I have the 300i with the autotrickler and will never go back to another type of scale. I farted around with the Chargemaster, and Hornady Auto Charge, Both are really cheap feeling, looking and screams China China all over them. I've been through two of the Hornady's as the first one went to **** really quickly. Now I just use the Auto Charge to drop a charge for FX 300i and let the autotrickler do the rest. I'm shocked I waited so long to get the A&D.

I agree with Kycarl. I can load as well, or better using a RCBS Balance beam scale, as people can with the digital, electronic ones. Indeed, got rid of the digital one, as , as I'd been told, any air movement at all, disrupts them. I can load as fast with the balance beam as most people can with a digital.

I agree with Kycarl. I can load as well, or better using a RCBS Balance beam scale, as people can with the digital, electronic ones. Indeed, got rid of the digital one, as , as I'd been told, any air movement at all, disrupts them. I can load as fast with the balance beam as most people can with a digital.

I'd run circles around you with my A&D scale. And be much more accurate.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.