Longest Kill Shot ?

09A875DE-1603-4A0E-98D9-F4A4794319AA.jpeg
Simple question: What has been your longest kill shot on varmint or game animal?
1,028 yds Elk in Gunnison, CO didn't take a step! 7mm STW 28" Bartlein barrel 168 gr Accubond Long Range at 3,552 fps.

m.y longest range shot was a rocky mountain goat in bc canada 600 yds using 160 gr sierra boat tail behind 68 grs.of mrp vel 3120 fps, across a valley hold over three feet.from a three hundred yard zero .it was evening just before dark we had to get it the next morning it would have been too dangerous to get up the other side.horns 10.5 inches.i had to shoot at a steep angle upward.

Remembering back a few decades when a 500 yard shot was not common. I was an excellent shot in my youth as I was one of the few. It came from my grandma a sharpshooter with M1.
With the better equipment, training and great habits many can shoot with great skill.
Congratulations to all the long range hunters.

shoot safe, have fun.

Rifle:
Elk= 75yrd w/grandmas old peepsight 30-06
Deer= 200 yrd w/ same rifle

Revolver: all with S&W Model 19, 357 mag
Elk: just a couple finnishing kills on spine shot Elk
Deer: (2) one 20 yrd and one nice little 6x6 at 40 yrds neck shot.
Coyote- 15 yrd
Several head shot Grouse- one that just made my son sit there and shake his head as he tossed me the range finder to verify after the very lucky shot at 67 yrd.
Several Ground squirrel farthest probably 40 yrd

Bow recurve:
Elk- 38 steps
Deer- 30 steps
Blk bear- 23 steps
Several Grouse probably 40 steps
Hundreds maybe close 1000 ground squirrel farthest maybe 70 yrd.
Rabbit: on the run at 15yrd.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.