Long Range Tahr

petenz

Went for a short meat hunt the other afternoon and ended up shooting a nanny tahr at 480m, here's a film:

[ame]http://youtu.be/uLXDDa9wg0k[/ame]

Awesome! Please give us the specifications on the rifle, scope and suppressor. Where and when was the hunt? How does Tahr taste? I assume it has to do with what they are eating like the US pronghorn. I really want to to to NZ.

Good luck

Jerry

Awesome! Please give us the specifications on the rifle, scope and suppressor. Where and when was the hunt? How does Tahr taste? I assume it has to do with what they are eating like the US pronghorn. I really want to to to NZ.

Good luck

Jerry

It's a Sako Finnlight .260 with a 19.4 inch barrel, Schmidt and Bender 3-12x50 PMII, DPT suppressor (overbarrel "reflex" type unit that weighs 260grams and only extends 100mm past the muzzle). Shooting 140r amax at 2700fps flat using H4350.

Tahr is a great eating meat, it's very lean, similar to venison. Their diet doesn't greatly vary through the year so it's consistent in taste.

Excellent. That's definitely on my "someday if I'm really lucky" list.

The Bull Tahr is one of the prettiest sheep/goat species on the planet with that huge flowing mane.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts