Long range winter bull tahr!

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by petenz, Jun 12, 2018.

1. petenz

petenz Well-Known Member

Film #50! This time, a friend and I went in search of a good Winter Bull Tahr skin and head, and managed to secure one with a 485 metre shot! Enjoy!

Barrelnut, CA48, FEENIX and 2 others like this.
  2. zimmer2

zimmer2 Member

Awesome video!! Looks like you earned that one. Congrats on the success of a beautiful animal. One thing...........you drive on the wrong side of the road ;)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  3. bsfl

bsfl Well-Known Member

Great video. I have been fortunate to visit NZ’s South Island and it is a beautiful country. Look forward to going back for some hunting.

4. trucraft

trucraft Well-Known Member

Great video.
    Thanks for sharing.

5. Aoudad shooter1975

Aoudad shooter1975 Well-Known Member

Awesome! I'd love to have your landcruiser! I Need to do Tar soon!

6. WildRose

WildRose Well-Known Member

Congrats on a wonderful Bull Tahr and superb job on the video. You did a great job of giving us an idea of what a hunt is like there from start to finish and did a good job of showing the work and patience involved.

A big Bull Tahr like that would be an absolutely once in a lifetime dream animal for me. If I can figure out how to get it done I'd love to make a trip down there one day for Tahr and Red Stag.

I hate to admit though but I'm not sure I'm man enough to pull it off even if I got there anymore but if I were to die of a heart attack in the trying I'd go to my grave smiling.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

7. WildRose

WildRose Well-Known Member

My thought exactly, the only problem is that the steering wheel is on the wrong side!

Aoudad shooter1975 likes this.