Loads for 280AI - is 175 too heavy?

CTK

175 EH hitting the range in a few min for first time in this rifle. RL26 first. Max load is a gr or so below data given to me by Berger. Want to be careful on first run with Peterson brass. Also Berger max for the 175 is where I hit pressure in last rifle with RL26 and HVLD. Hopefully this rifle will go bang. I waited 6mo for it.

quigley257

I just got home from shooting. Rifle is a Remington 700 Gen 1 Sendero that was originally a 25-06 Rem and is now a 280 AI with 25.5" 1/8.5 twist barrel. Just because I was given some, I loaded up some 180gr Berger VLDHs with IMR 7828. I was pleasantly surprised with the way they shot. I ordered the barrel as an 8.5 twist in anticipation of running heavier bullets. Unfortunately nothing has shot well other than 150gr NBTs up to this point. The 180s are now begging for more tweaking. Two, 3-shot groups at 100 yards. One before and one after scope adjustments.

Attachments

CTK

I just got home from shooting. Rifle is a Remington 700 Gen 1 Sendero that was originally a 25-06 Rem and is now a 280 AI with 25.5" 1/8.5 twist barrel. Just because I was given some, I loaded up some 180gr Berger VLDHs with IMR 7828. I was pleasantly surprised with the way they shot. I ordered the barrel as an 8.5 twist in anticipation of running heavier bullets. Unfortunately nothing has shot well other than 150gr NBTs up to this point. The 180s are now begging for more tweaking. Two, 3-shot groups at 100 yards. One before and one after scope adjustments.
Better than mine did today. I had scope adjustment problems and was cleaning it for break in. shot .75 ish for 2 groups. Going to jump the 175’s a little more tomorrow. If RL 26 does not work well will try 23. Would like to see this bullet work but will move on if needed. Need instruction on the zero stop on a Zeiss V6 worse than need a load at the moment. With a 20 MOA rail, I was out of downward elevation from the get go. 8.7 twist on this rifle. Bighorn SR3 action seems very nice. have an SR2 and this one seems much smoother.

dougduey

Better than mine did today. I had scope adjustment problems and was cleaning it for break in. shot .75 ish for 2 groups. Going to jump the 175’s a little more tomorrow. If RL 26 does not work well will try 23. Would like to see this bullet work but will move on if needed. Need instruction on the zero stop on a Zeiss V6 worse than need a load at the moment. With a 20 MOA rail, I was out of downward elevation from the get go. 8.7 twist on this rifle. Bighorn SR3 action seems very nice. have an SR2 and this one seems much smoother.
There are a couple of good videos for the V4/V6 on YouTube. You’ll need to take the turret cap and the next piece that contains the zero stop off. Then you can adjust as much as you need. Have a screwdriver or quarter handy

CTK

There are a couple of good videos for the V4/V6 on YouTube. You’ll need to take the turret cap and the next piece that contains the zero stop off. Then you can adjust as much as you need. Have a screwdriver or quarter handy
Will check it out. Thanks!